kw99 origine and firmware flashing!

I have just got my kw99 through the post today via eBay and as I have been going through you tube links someone was saying about fake kw99 so I did an IMEI check and the model number comes back as a GT08 :disappointed_relieved:

Nov 10, 2018 3:28:24 GMT 1 ukpaul said:
I have just got my kw99 through the post today via eBay and as I have been going through you tube links someone was saying about fake kw99 so I did an IMEI check and the model number comes back as a GT08 😥

that does'nt say much, look into device info, what it says, also you can check if your watch is kw99 just by comparing looks not even hardware or software, this is the kw99 - 

www.aliexpress.com/item/KINGWEAR-KW99-Smart-Watch-1-39-Inch-MTK6580-Quad-Core-1-3GHZ-Android-5-1-3G/32831587526.html

Nov 10, 2018 5:00:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 10, 2018 3:28:24 GMT 1 ukpaul said:
I have just got my kw99 through the post today via eBay and as I have been going through you tube links someone was saying about fake kw99 so I did an IMEI check and the model number comes back as a GT08 :disappointed_relieved:

that does’nt say much, look into device info, what it says, also you can check if your watch is kw99 just by comparing looks not even hardware or software, this is the kw99 -

www.aliexpress.com/item/KINGWEAR-KW99-Smart-Watch-1-39-Inch-MTK6580-Quad-Core-1-3GHZ-Android-5-1-3G/32831587526.html

It looks like the kw99 and software looks the same but when I check the IMEI number online it comes back with the brand as a kings wear and the model as a GT08 so if it wasn’t fake surly the model should come back with kw99?
And when I go into wireless upgrade and click it at the bottom off the screen it says this product does not exist.so not sure why it says that too .

ukpaul

look into firmware info and see which version do you have, imei does’nt give you much info of the hardware and software of the device.

Nov 10, 2018 13:22:05 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:ukpaul

look into firmware info and see which version do you have, imei does’nt give you much info of the hardware and software of the device.

Kernel version is 3.10.72
Build number kw99_cs1_b_200171013
Android security patch 2016-06-01
Android version 5.1

ukpaul

this is the latest firmware for the watch yours is before the bt call option.

/thread/1769/kw99-512-8gb-call-firmware

Nov 10, 2018 15:03:45 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:ukpaul

this is the latest firmware for the watch yours is before the bt call option.

/thread/1769/kw99-512-8gb-call-firmware

Great thank you so much for all your help.do you have any videos on how to flash as I really don’t have a clue what am doing

I have just downloaded the flash tool and the latest firmware but when I select the scatter file in the flash tool I get a error saying
ROM logo checksum mismatch checksum config 0x3d8 checksum Val 0x4d7

Do you know why this is please ?

Nov 10, 2018 16:09:51 GMT 1 ukpaul said:
I have just downloaded the flash tool and the latest firmware but when I select the scatter file in the flash tool I get a error saying ROM logo checksum mismatch checksum config 0x3d8 checksum Val 0x4d7

Do you know why this is please ?

1. use only upgrade and not download only.
2. did you download the version i gave you?

use this video just remember to use upgrade in sp flash tool. are you using the latest version of sp flash tool?

Nov 10, 2018 16:53:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

I have followed the video but still getting that error am using flashtool v.5 1824

if you know how disconnect and reconnect the battery and try again, make sure it is off when flashing and try again sometimes it takes a while before it flashes well.

ROM logo checksum mismatch checksum config 0x3d8 checksum Val 0x4d7

can you check in the zip file that you extracted if it has any file with "checksum"? i'm not sure it should be there, let me check...

Yes it has a checksum file in there

ukpaul

delete this file from the zip file and try again if it still does’nt upload the scatter file let me check with the developers to see if there is any issue with it, cos i flashed my kw99 with this firmware but long time ago.

Nov 10, 2018 17:23:58 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:ukpaul

delete this file from the zip file and try again if it still does’nt upload the scatter file let me check with the developers to see if there is any issue with it, cos i flashed my kw99 with this firmware but long time ago.

Hi

I removed the file and it flashed without any problems at all

thank you so much for your help

paul

ukpaul

thanks for sharing, i will move this thread to kw99 and rename the thread for others, just weird why this file appeared. are you using the watch with sim or not?

Hello guyz
Just bought kw99 few days ago
And by searching on internet i found that there is android 7 firmware builted for kw99
I have few questions
1.it is safe stable version (I don’t wanna brick my watch it’s 2 days old)
2.if it is safe how to do that…

Thanks

makk

try and open new thread you might more help, i do’nt think it is a formal one but custom which means you will need to root the watch, but only someone who has done it can reply:)

I have installed android 7 firmware by sp flash tool

And now my watch is working fantastic😀

makk

can you upload the link for the firmware, so you flashed as normal as any other firmware?