KW88 Screen lock

Hi,

Is there a way or an app that I can use to have the watch face screen locked?

I am looking for a solution that doesn’t place a massive obstructive icon in the middle of the screen while it is locked nor requires a passcode to be put in.

Ideally I would like to be able to unlock it with the main/power button or by a touch on the screen. 

Not sure if ricktop’s Universal launcher has this option or it was just an accidental thing but I noticed a few days ago that on some occasions I had a little padlock icon on the top of screen over the watch face but cannot find an option anywhere to turn that on again and I haven’t seen this for while either.

Thanks for your help in advance

szega

you mean locked that only use a gesture to open it?

Kind of or by another push of the home button would unlock it.

I have asked the question as at the moment when the watch is awaken by the raising my arm the screen comes on but it is not locked.
Sometimes I found it to display another screen like settings or notifications rather than just showing the watch face. I must have accidentally touch the screen or my clothes triggered it to swipe away from the watch face.

This is what I would like to prevent happening.

szega

do you mean something like that? play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simi.screenlock&hl=en

Hi,

Thank you very much for this.

Yes, something like this exactly.

I wish it would work properly on the watch though.

Installed it, set it to work, rebooted watch but still couldn’t get it working.

Doesn’t appear anywhere on the home screen nor can I activate the lock itself.

Maybe because I am using Universal Launcher for my watch faces. Not sure.

Any other ideas that might work alongside Universal Launcher?

Thanks

szega

let me check i think some settings needed to be changed to make this app work.

Hi Sonia,

Have you had any luck with this?

Thanks

szega

sorry, only today i’ll have time to check this out:)

Hi Sonia,

Sorry to bother you but still no results on the above?

Thanks

szega

yep:) it need a floating widget so i’m trying to find one that will float over the watchface.

edit:works but only with square display:/
trying others.

Thanks for the update.

Awaiting patiently for further results.

It is so strange as I definitely saw a little padlock sign on several occasions a few weeks back over one of my watch faces that was running on Universal Launcher but haven’t seen it since nor do I know how to activate it or where to find such settings on my watch

Nov 24, 2018 19:48:01 GMT 1 szega said:

it is in the stock but check security you might find it there, i've noticed it too i think it is the time the WF stays on till it shuts off and that can only be changed with root.

THANKS:) never bothered to check out security and now the swipe act is locking the watchface:) 

Glad it works for you.

Can you please explain to me where I can find this option or how exactly I can get this working?

Struggle to find security settings anywhere

Thanks

Nov 25, 2018 14:38:03 GMT 1 szega said:

i uninstall the apps and used the option on the watch and sorry not explaining what i did:) 

use google gesture - write security - and go to screen lock - use swipe do’nt use pin or other ways cos most likely you’ll end needing to flash the watch . swipe lock the screen that mean you need to swipe the watch face to unlock it. i use notificications drawer so it uppears in the lockscreen.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.gesturesearch

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stihiya.notification.drawer

Great. Thanks for putting the time and the effort into this.

Would this also mean that the above method will work with Universal Launcher watch faces or only if I use the stock launcher and faces?

szega

will work on any launcher:)

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for the good news. This is reassuring

However I am still struggling to get this working for me. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I cannot get this “goggle gesture search” installed onto my watch as the link that you provided doesn’t work for me and just googling it says this “google gesture search” app is no longer available for download

Is there another way around or another app to get to the watch security options and to the screen lock settings or am I doing something wrong?

szega

no worries:)

www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gesture-search/gesture-search-2-1-5-2-release/gesture-search-2-1-5-2-android-apk-download/

remember to write security and it will take you to where you need.

Thanks.

I have to admit I am not the easiest around here. Sorry.

I have got to this file and downloaded it but do I need to side load it onto the watch (if so how) or is there an easier way to get it on the watch?

Bear in mind I am using a Mac.

Sorry and thanks again

Eventually I will get there

szega, seriously stop apologizing:)

it is better to use the link via the watch i mean use your email account to open it, send the link to your email and then open it with your watch.

if it is’nt easy for you just download the apk to your computer and then copy it to your watch and go to files and there locate downloads (remember to copy it to this folder from the computer) and there locate the apk that you downloaded and intsall it:)