KW88 Pro frozen :(

Received my KW88 pro today. Was working OK all day. When I got home from work tonught I was having a proper look at it and was trying to log into my Google account. Then the phone just froze.

I can still display the time but it looks like the touch screen option is gone. I can’t touch anything. When u hold down the power button I get the ‘turn off, restart, last app’ etc…but I can’t select anything

When I power down the phone completely (hold power button for about 10 secs) it re-starts but goes to the same thing again. I’m stuck in a rut.

Help!!! I only have it about 12 hrs. Not good

Aug 24, 2018 23:14:22 GMT 1 pearse said:

Kingwear have'nt released yet the watch for sale i do'nt understand why seller sells most likely not the finished product. let me check what can be done, most likely you'll have to flash the watch.

pablo11

It is on sale.
I will try to get the firmware for you
Can you tell us if your pc recognises the watch?
I mean can you hear a noise when you connect to your PC?

@pearce

Do you have good network connection?

Sometimes when you go to the google activation and network is very slow it can cause watch to wait and touch is very difficult…

Usually a reboot and connect to WiFi should fix the problem…

mines has exactly same problem i managed to reflash firmware it loaded up fine and when powered up watch it came up language confirm but screen still wont respond to touch

Which firmware did you use ?
There are several screen types and if you have the wrong one then touch will not work.
Do you know which firmware you had before you flashed?