KW88 Pro Battery BackUp

Hi Group,

I have begin using my 4 days old KW88 Pro , apart from the back navigation issue i posted in another thread ,i noticed the batt back up is too low.
With 3G on , i am getting it hardly 3 to 4 hours even after recharging it to 100 %…is anyone else facing the same? also , the back panels heats like any thing that the batt charging  pins causes a pinch like sensation on the skin … is there any solution from the group member’s experience ?

Thanks in advance

Oct 21, 2018 10:03:58 GMT 1 sathyak said:
Hi Group,

I have begin using my 4 days old KW88 Pro , apart from the back navigation issue i posted in another thread ,i noticed the batt back up is too low.
With 3G on , i am getting it hardly 3 to 4 hours even after recharging it to 100 %…is anyone else facing the same? also , the back panels heats like any thing that the batt charging  pins causes a pinch like sensation on the skin … is there any solution from the group member’s experience ?

Thanks in advance

1. go into each app and make sure that it does'nt use 3g if you do'nt want it too 2. if you are using wrist gesture i think it is better not to use, i do'nt and never did. 3. make sure that there are no auto updates and sync by google apps - make sure they are on manual. 4. brightness - make sure it is on medium when out and on low when you indoors. try using mostly 3g and not 4g if not needed. 5. make sure that only when needed you use BT and wifi when they are on they have great impact on battery, btw, i use m2d for notifications from my phone so i do'nt need to use more than 2hrs a day BT.

Thanks, will keep these in mind, also will check that m2d

Oct 21, 2018 15:21:11 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
btw, i use m2d for notifications from my phone so i do’nt need to use more than 2hrs a day BT.

Hi Sonia, i hav used watch droid app and now able to get notifications alone, i noticed from a different thread that thers no possibility to receive calls via Bluetooth in this watch… So don’t we hav apps in the play store which can facilitate this like the notifications??

sathyak

no, the only ones i know uses wifi or 3g but not bt and it has to do more with google restrictions than the watch or the firmware of the watches, do’nt forget they prefer ppl use only Wear watches:) hopefully with time the firmware team will figure it out but for now the only option is to get the same sim number for the watch.

Oct 22, 2018 13:16:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:sathyak

no, the only ones i know uses wifi or 3g but not bt and it has to do more with google restrictions than the watch or the firmware of the watches, do’nt forget they prefer ppl use only Wear watches:) hopefully with time the firmware team will figure it out but for now the only option is to get the same sim number for the watch.

oh thats bad ...Unlucky me ! .. The specifications in the site misled me in believing that it has blue tooth calling feature , should have referred to this boards before ordering one ..anyway , thanks for the info and can you let me know which is that 3g/wifi app which you use to connect the call from your phone to the watch so that you can directly answer the same from the watch speaker ?

sathyak

not exactly answering the call from the watch it makes the call with the watch,check it out they’ve made the feature as pro and it is’nt right cos it is’nt that perfect so they should have left it as free use.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.sms

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.mirror

there is also this one, bought it not that great:/

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apdroid.tabtalk

also check out Watch Droid i think it has kinda of something similar, i think…

Oct 24, 2018 1:39:37 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:sathyak

not exactly answering the call from the watch it makes the call with the watch,check it out they’ve made the feature as pro and it is’nt right cos it is’nt that perfect so they should have left it as free use.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.sms

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.mirror

there is also this one, bought it not that great:/

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apdroid.tabtalk

also check out Watch Droid i think it has kinda of something similar, i think…

Watch Droid does have a very good Quick Dial(QD) option. After you open the Watch Droid(WD) app on your watch, you then open the QD option by taping on the Phone Icon on the far right of the screen. That opens up your QD screen (Picture1). In the app on your phone you can select which contacts you want displayed. (If your contacts have pictures they will display.) The Icon in the #5 position on my watch is setup to select all contacts. If selected all your phone contacts are available (Picture 2). You can select any of the contacts displayed and it will then dial the number on your phone. You then transfer to your phone to finish the call. Your only option in WD is to end the call. While you cannot actually make the call through your watch, it is still useful when using the speaker option on your phone. Say while driving, you can control the call from your watch.

Yes, i hav checked this option in WD, Thanks for the update… Atleast it addresses the call issue partially :blush:

hiii ,my kw88 pro not responding to the watch driod ,i have driod assistant on my watch but but when barcode scanner try to read the code its takes pho e to some dead fake link

Oct 26, 2018 11:43:12 GMT 1 shiveshwar said:
hiii ,my kw88 pro not responding to the watch driod ,i have driod assistant on my watch but but when barcode scanner try to read the code its takes pho e to some dead fake link

I did install this a week ago and no issue with the qr code, or else you can also try selecting the watch from the paired list…

Oct 26, 2018 11:43:12 GMT 1 shiveshwar said:

So are you saying you are trying to download the app for your phone from the QR code on your watch? Have you tried to download the Watch Droid app for your phone from the Play Store? Don't know where you are located but here is the link:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidphone

i have downloaded both the apps from playstore ,but still not working

Oct 27, 2018 5:29:40 GMT 1 shiveshwar said:
i have downloaded both the apps from playstore ,but still not working

What do you mean not working? do'nt pair? you do'nt see notifications? you need to be more specific so we can help.

watch driod is started woking on my phones ,thanks guys for all ur help

Just got a kw88 Pro and connected to Watch Droid, but see no QD option.Did they remove the Quick Dial feature? I do get notifications when receiving a phone call on my phone at least. My old KW18 watch does make and recieve BT phone calls with my phone.I do miss that feature, as well as texting. I was hoping to use the microphone to dictate texts like I do with the phone.Two steps forward…one step back, I guess!

Apr 22, 2019 3:42:13 GMT megdad said:
Just got a kw88 Pro and connected to Watch Droid, but see no QD option.Did they remove the Quick Dial feature? I do get notifications when receiving a phone call on my phone at least. My old KW18 watch does make and recieve BT phone calls with my phone.I do miss that feature, as well as texting. I was hoping to use the microphone to dictate texts like I do with the phone.Two steps forward...one step back, I guess!

All versions of Watch Droid after 9.0 have all the desirable features removed due to the new security requirements implemented by Google. The developer recommended that if you wish to continue to use the Quick Dial and other features you do not upgrade Watch Droid unless they are able to restore these functions in a future version. They are still updating the app for other issues but have not, to my knowledge restored these features. So what you need to do is if you do not have a copy of version 9.0, download it and install 9.0 on both your phone and watch. Then make sure you turn off Auto Update in the Play Store or they will keep updating repeatedly.

You can download the apps here just make sure you select the correct version and then transfer the appropriate app to your watch. Watch Droid Apps

Thanks So Much!!! I can even text now from my watch! I’m saving the Version 9 APKs is just in case.