Kw88 gesture not working

Hi all, new member here. Just got the kingwear smartwatch kw88. Got it for about 2 weeks now. Updated the firmware. All was working great. Since today the wrist gesture stopped working. Already did a factory reset. Did not work. Any suggestions for a fix ?

Tia

Greets Len

Is it enable ?

Jul 23, 2018 20:51:38 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Is it enable ?

Yes it is.

Jul 23, 2018 20:25:14 GMT 1 gameunit said:
Hi all, new member here. Just got the kingwear smartwatch kw88. Got it for about 2 weeks now. Updated the firmware. All was working great. Since today the wrist gesture stopped working. Already did a factory reset. Did not work. Any suggestions for a fix ?

Tia

Greets Len

have you enabled lock screen or has one? did you change something before it happened? installed something? 

Jul 24, 2018 2:43:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 23, 2018 20:25:14 GMT 1 gameunit said:

Tia

Greets Len

have you enabled lock screen or has one? did you change something before it happened? installed something?

No.not a thing. After a second factory reset, it worked for two times. After that it just stopped. Weird

gameunit

that means the problem is with the sensor. i’m not sure if it can be fixed.

pablo11

Jul 24, 2018 19:53:06 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:gameunit

that means the problem is with the sensor. i’m not sure if it can be fixed.

pablo11

Got it working again for a few times. But then it stopped

Update :

So i finally found out about the universal launcher.

ricktop, Sir you deserve a medal ! I installed it, followed the tutorial on youtube. And presto! Gesture works like a charm. Love the new functions. It’s like a whole new watch. Hat’s off to you Sir.

I’m very happy with this.

Thanks to everyone for helping me. My problems are solved. :smiley::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Well, back to the drawing board. Another problem has arrived. After updating the latest firmware my screen is now turned upside down.I got the latest firmware from kingwear website. All the buttons are upside down, and so is the screen.

Jul 28, 2018 17:52:18 GMT 1 gameunit said:
Well, back to the drawing board. Another problem has arrived. After updating the latest firmware my screen is now turned upside down.I got the latest firmware from kingwear website. All the buttons are upside down, and so is the screen.

guys, it means the wrong firmware was flashed, can you show me which firmware did  you use?

Jul 30, 2018 15:41:16 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 28, 2018 17:52:18 GMT 1 gameunit said:

guys, it means the wrong firmware was flashed, can you show me which firmware did  you use?

Same one as the other user has.

Les1-4-KW88

I tried everything. Today i disconnected the battery. no luck.Tried to edit the Les1-4-KW88 firmware, by editing the build.prop file.However when i try to flash the rebuild firmware, the scatter file gives me an error.

And it just keeps on going.Battery died, now it wont charge. Screen stays black.

Edit: Already contacted the seller (banggood). Hopefully i can get a refund, or a watch. This is nuts. Could this just be a faulty watch from the start ?

Jul 30, 2018 20:45:26 GMT 1 gameunit said:

let’s start from the begining…which watch do lyou have? it sounds you’ve tried FWs that are’nt for the kw88 so i want to be sure about the watch.

Jul 31, 2018 18:20:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 30, 2018 20:45:26 GMT 1 gameunit said:

let’s start from the begining…which watch do lyou have? it sounds you’ve tried FWs that are’nt for the kw88 so i want to be sure about the watch.

KW88, firmware from the kingwear site itself. That’s when it all started. (screen upside down) Today i tried a reflash using firmware from this site. The firmware is KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20171111. Now im stuck in a so called boot loop. It shows me options to press volume buttons to continue.(Recovery mode) Gives me two options : 1. Reboot now, or 2. Apply update form ADB. I dont have volume buttons on my watch. lol. Sometimes it boots all the way to the normal screen with the balloons. However still upside down. After that it boots again to the same screen (recovery mode) This watch is crazy.

Jul 30, 2018 17:53:46 GMT 1 gameunit said:

Les1-4-KW88

this is not the right firmware. go to firmware section and choose the one that ONLY for the kw88, do you know where to look?

Aug 1, 2018 3:18:04 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 30, 2018 17:53:46 GMT 1 gameunit said:

Les1-4-KW88

this is not the right firmware. go to firmware section and choose the one that ONLY for the kw88, do you know where to look?

How do i get the watch put of recovery mode ? Wont be able to do anything because it’s stuck in recovery mode.

Edit: disconnected the battery. Flashed the firmware KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20171111. Still screen is upside down.