KW88 doesn't update, help!!!!

hi everyone, i have this build number on my KW88: “KW88_20161215” i can’t update it to the newest firmware (20170112) i don’t know why, i have tried to reboot it, change language beacose i’m italian, change date & time but nothing…
every time i select the wireless update and tap on the screen it say me that “there are no update” or “this is the latest version of your firmware”… something like theese, i don’t remeber the message but can i “force” the update using a flash tool? does anyone have the newest firmware of KW88 and the relative flash tool?

thanks

Feb 25, 2017 16:20:02 GMT 1 simillo said:
hi everyone, i have this build number on my KW88: "KW88_20161215" i can't update it to the newest firmware (20170112) i don't know why, i have tried to reboot it, change language beacose i'm italian, change date & time but nothing... every time i select the wireless update and tap on the screen it say me that "there are no update" or "this is the latest version of your firmware"..... something like theese, i don't remeber the message but can i "force" the update using a flash tool? does anyone have the newest firmware of KW88 and the relative flash tool?

thanks

just wait...you'll get the update when some got it does'nt mean everyone gets it on the same time.

yes i know but in this video of Smartwatch Ticks:

he show a latest firmware of the KW88 watch than me and i wrote him why i can’t update the firmware as him and he said he didn’t know why, so there is a new version of the firmware but i don’t know why i can’t update it as him…

Probably the release of the new firmware via OTA is slow? i should wait more a bit? thanks for support.

I also am unable to get the 20170112 ota. Can anyone post this firmware update or an adb backup of it? Or perhaps a proxy that enables updating of this ota from any region?

My main reason for wanting this update is in order to use the new watchface format.

Thank you :blush:

Hi,

Same situation for me here in Denmark. I just recently purchased this watch and as soon as I connected it to WIFI I got a notification about a new version of the software.
Once in the Settings > About Phone > Wireless Update I always get error 8008 after I hit the Test Download.
The watch is great but it seems that I will be stuck with the 20121215 build.

Apr 4, 2017 0:24:56 GMT 1 grkernisant said:

try this guy video:  

Thnaks Sonia,
The flashing worked, but I still get some errors.
I tried 2 different ROMS the one from the archive 20161215 and also found this build 20161124 (from GearBest where I bought the watch)

20161215 -> same error 8008 Invalid data from network
20161124 -> resulted in FOTA not on the server
www.gearbest.com/blog/download/kingwear-kw88-smartwatch-phone-rom-firmware-1203
download.appinthestore.com.s3.amazonaws.com/201701/%E6%89%8B%E6%9C%BA/1877716.rar

But I am happy that I can flash without problem following above video with SP Flash Tool using a Readback + Download File method.
I will try older ROMs (20161104 and 20160921) to see if I can OTA from these versions forward.

Hey finally got it to work since the ROM is out on King Wear website…

www.king-wear.com/download

1. Make sure you install the MTK drivers for your OS.
  2. Use SP Flash Tool as admin
  3. Do a readback of the scatter file
  4. Download only to device
  5. Wait and Enjoy

p.s: my little proof video, yay
goo.gl/photos/E3mi8nvByuTbFPVn6