KW88 apk tester required...

Thank you for the new picture…

Both watch faces have a diameter of 400px (in the initial design stage)
hne has: font size 32.0dip, font colour #ff000000 (black) and position 1
hnf has: font size 32.0dip, font colour #ff000000 (black) and position 10

[Position 1] x = width / 2; y = (height * 3) / 4;
x = 400/2 = 200
y = 400*3/4 = 300

[Position 10] x = width / 2; y = (height * 4) / 5;
x = 400/2 = 200
y = 400*3/4 = 320

From the calibration test (below) we can see that on the actual watch face (left) where position 1 has coordinates 200,300, the date is centred on those coordinates as shown by the green box…

On the Gimp designed watch face (right), where the font size is 32px and is centred at 200,300, it looks very different…

35.png

13 predefined Watchface positions

1. x = (width * 3) / 4; y = height / 2;
    1. x = width / 2; y = (height * 3) / 4;
  2. x = width / 4; y = height / 2;
  3. x = width / 2; y = height / 4;
  4. x = (width * 3) / 4; y = (height * 3) / 4;
  5. x = (width * 3) / 4; y = height / 4;
  6. x = width / 4; y = (height * 3) / 4;
  7. x = width / 4; y = height / 4;
  8. x = width / 2; y = height / 2;
  9. x = (width * 4) / 5; y = height / 2;
    10. x = width / 2; y = (height * 4) / 5;
  10. x = width / 5; y = height / 2;
  11. x = width / 2; y = height / 5;

Do you think that when your done figuring this out you’d be able just replace the certain code sections with different ones and then it would be a new watch face?Kinda like plug n play but with code? Is that the hope?

Tomorrow I’ll read all this and hope I’ll understand if enough to help. You’re the best!

Now I have the watch I can test too :wink:

Sept 17, 2016 21:36:00 GMT 1 hranac3 said:
Do you think that when your done figuring this out you'd be able just replace the certain code sections with different ones and then it would be a new watch face?Kinda like plug n play but with code? Is that the hope?

Hi...

This might look complicated but it’s not really… all I’m doing is just swapping around a few lines of xml and changing a few numbers to see what happens…

So far I’ve figured out:-

• how to change the font colour
  • how to change the font size
  • how to change the font position

That’s hardly rocket science and was pretty much obvious to any simple coder…

However, I’m not a coder and have never written a line of code, so this is me learning… for some people it must be like watching a kid trying to ride his first bike

Hopefully, somebody who knows how to ride a bike will help me to do it without the training wheels… then maybe we can change gear

There’s tantalising glimpses in the current xml: week dial, month dial, digital… just needs a bit of unlocking (or a bit of xml adding)…

The idea of the face tests is to see if what I understand is correct… the odd bit is the positioning of the date… it doesn’t quite seem to follow the formulae/rules that we’ve been given… understanding where the date sits will help designers to make good looking and proper working faces…

Thank you everybody