KW 88 screen turned up to down

i started with the firmware on this board after that i tried almost any firmware aaaileble, all the same problem, even formated the whole watch still after installing the firmware screen is upside down and the control are also the oposite

Hi, could you please upload to GDrive or someplace exact firmware you flashed? If upside down display is the only problem I think I can fix that.

the first image that i flashed was the LES 1 Stock Firmware also for the kw88, its from this site.
When finished the flash all was up side down.
LES 1 Stock Firmware" Z10-YFZ-V07-20170515 .New version 15 May 2017

You flashed firmware for different watch and that’s why it’s upside down (most of the hardware is identical tho display is connected differently). Why don’t you flash KW88 firmware?
And fix for this is to open system.img file, edit build.prop, change ro.rotation to 0 (or 180 if it’s 0) and flash edited firmware.
I’ll prep firmware later and post link.
BTW when flashing firmware for other watch than the one you have DO NOT EVER flash preloader. You might brick it.

how can i best open the img file?

Here is the link to Les1 firmware that could solve your display problem: drive.google.com/open?id=1-d1Iod6SM4eCGvVYdWRLOVVsU4HFg_wa
Remember: DO NOT FLASH PRELOADER. Still I don’t quite get it why can’t you flash KW88 firmware.
As for editing: first of all you must convert from sparse image to raw image (needed tools should come with Android SDK Toolkit downloadable from Google), then mount raw image (think about it as in Virtual CD-ROM) and edit file. I’m using linux almost exclusively so don’t know exact tools under Windows to do that.

Let me know how it worked

N.

edit:

link removed

ok, so begin picture hot air ballon is still upside down, after it is good, but now there is another problem, the controls are also upside down, ill explain:

when my finger goes from:

up to down = screen goes right to left
right to left = screen goes down to up

When clicking something in the middle i need to click top center

Hope this info will help you

Same problem here. Downloaded the latest update. I tried the fix that nameless provided. Not working.Everything is upside down. Already contacted kingwear about it, since its their firmware. Hopefull a fix soon.

Jul 27, 2018 6:14:23 GMT 1 bigpappa said:
the first image that i flashed was the LES 1 Stock Firmware also for the kw88, its from this site. When finished the flash all was up side down. LES 1 Stock Firmware" Z10-YFZ-V07-20170515 .New version 15 May 2017

Jul 27, 2018 11:02:49 GMT 1 bigpappa said:

have you tried old version? from 2016?

mega.nz/#F!NtQnCApJ!SSwiLgm1tchcm4IzCh2_JA!g5QhGaBJ

Jul 4, 2018 6:15:19 GMT 1 hltnc said:

were you able to fix the problem? did you flash an old version?

I tries first old version than the one provide still same problem

Jul 27, 2018 16:28:32 GMT 1 nameless said:
Here is the link to Les1 firmware that could solve your display problem: drive.google.com/open?id=1-d1Iod6SM4eCGvVYdWRLOVVsU4HFg_wa Remember: DO NOT FLASH PRELOADER. Still I don't quite get it why can't you flash KW88 firmware. As for editing: first of all you must convert from sparse image to raw image (needed tools should come with Android SDK Toolkit downloadable from Google), then mount raw image (think about it as in Virtual CD-ROM) and edit file. I'm using linux almost exclusively so don't know exact tools under Windows to do that.

Let me know how it worked

N.

I have the same problem. I unpacked the system.img file and edited the prop.build file. However, when i repack the file it gives me an error while flashing.

Did the old firmware, screen upside down and controls are also upside down en right left. Flashed again above image download only and preloader off, got the screen good but the controls are still a mess, nothing is right.
Formatted all and installed again old firmware, still the same problem.

Jul 31, 2018 7:57:51 GMT 1 bigpappa said:
Did the old firmware, screen upside down and controls are also upside down en right left. Flashed again above image download only and preloader off, got the screen good but the controls are still a mess, nothing is right. Formatted all and installed again old firmware, still the same problem.

if you can install recovery and make a full hard reset from there and then flash the watch if you can without preloader, you do'nt need root for custom recovery, doing wipes from recovery does bette job in fixing and cleaning the partitions of the memory.

ok i did a full wipe in the recovery, not default but full, so after reboot watch doesnt start anymore only i see the ballons up side down, after that i flashed again without preloader, but still same problems

Jul 27, 2018 19:59:55 GMT 1 bigpappa said:
ok, so begin picture hot air ballon is still upside down, after it is good, but now there is another problem, the controls are also upside down, ill explain:

when my finger goes from:

up to down = screen goes right to left
right to left = screen goes down to up

When clicking something in the middle i need to click top center

Hope this info will help you

Sorry for beeing quiet. Real life sucked me hard.

Your situation is really odd. When you flash firmware w/o my “fix” the touch screen also behaves like this? In my experience upside down display had always messed touch screen (like you described above).

To clarify a bit:

when you got your KW88 all was ok then you flashed firmware downloaded from KingWear site and this ended up in upside down display, right?

For some odd reason I can’t download firmware from KW site. Could you upload it somewhere?

Jul 30, 2018 12:15:30 GMT 1 gameunit said:
Jul 27, 2018 16:28:32 GMT 1 nameless said:
As for editing: first of all you must convert from sparse image to raw image (needed tools should come with Android SDK Toolkit downloadable from Google), then mount raw image (think about it as in Virtual CD-ROM) and edit file. I'm using linux almost exclusively so don't know exact tools under Windows to do that.

I have the same problem. I unpacked the system.img file and edited the prop.build file. However, when i repack the file it gives me an error while flashing.

“repack” ? For me converting from image to sparse image never worked (and the only difference is that sparse image doesn’t contain all the block of the flashmem so is a bit smaller) so I just flash image.

That error showed while actually flashing? Or when you opened firmware in FlashTool? In the latter case it’s cause checksum is different. Among firmware files there is Checksum.ini. You can regenerate that file by runing (included) CheckSum_Gen.exe

N.

my first image that i putted on the watch was the lemfo1 before that all was good

The same thing happens to me and curiously also came from Turkey.

I followed a very simple tutorial and I know that the problem is not that. I have don’t something wrong seeing that the same thing happens to you.

If you find any solution please tell me, i will do the same if i find it.

Surely we simply have to edit some value.

Ive read on other forum that editing the build.prop file wont work. Because it’s embedd in the watch kernel. That is why a reflash wont work. Is there a way to clear the kernel ?

I saw something about

Kern FeraKernel-KW88
Kern FeraKernel-V2-KW88

Is this a possible solution, only thing is i cannot find the file on the internet