Kospet Prime not recognized as a wearable watch at At&t

I purchased a Kospet Prime watch a few months ago. I love it and am still learning how to use it. The firm wear could be a little better though. But I am writing today about my sad concern that I have been battling with at&t. They do not recognize my watch as a wearable watch. What I’m saying is when being charged for the service, I’m being charged for a full on smartphone service charge ($45 a mo plus tax etc) other than a $10 a mo charge for a wearable. So had that been said I had to shut off the service all together. Now I can only use the wifi and link my phone to the watch in Hope’s one day at&t will recognize it as a wearable in the near future. Had I known this I would have purchased a different watch all together.

I have AT&T. They will only let you connect devices, like watches, that they Sell. The same with most carriers. If you want to use the watch as a phone buy a Sim Card. I use Speedtalk Sim Cards which run on the T Mobile network and for the time being run on 2G, 3G or 4G networks. The cost for a 250 min, txt,Mb plan is $5 a month or $.02 per min, txt or mb… They offer other plans that cost slightly more if you need them. They will assign you your own number. I buy them on Amazon. It comes preloaded for the first month for $5.85 which includes the cost of the Sim Card.
Also you can put your AT&T Sim card from your phone in your watch and use it that way but it is inconvenient and over time, You may damage your watch if you keep swapping it back and forth.
Amazon Sim Card

2 Likes

Given that these watches use sims vs eSim, the most economical approach I’ve found is to go with a prepaid service. I too have Speedtalk on T-Mobile but have considered AT&T. As a resource for US Prepaid offerings, you might check This site.

Not sure if I am missing something here so help me please.
Looking a AT&T $8.33 a month prepaid plan. Min 25¢, Txt 20¢ $2.05 MB. If I called for 10 min $2.50, sent 10 txt $2. That is $4.50 or 54% of my available $8.33.
Speed talk .02¢ per function. So the same 10 min, 10 txt would cost .40¢ That is just 8% of my available $5.
I may be wrong but don’t see an advantage.

If your question was directed to me, I’m not so sure you are missing anything. AT&T is more expensive than T-Mobile, which cascades to their MVNOs. No one spoke of any advantages, one way or another.

1 Like

Sorry @Nilsa_Cruz, but that kinda makes some sense…
“Wearables” are suppose to pair with a mobile phone to use some services.
Full Android watches are in truth wrist phones.

4 Likes