Kospet prime heating up

You should use your iPhone as a wifi Hotspot and not the watch.
The watch will get hot (a lot of comm signal of any kind inside a tiny sealed space is not advisable) and battery life will be bad.
Tethering and Hotspot is available in settings, connect… Just under WiFi settings.

1 Like

I did kinda figure it would drain the watch…
My phone has no SIM card so when out…
Provider can’t have two sim without me having a second line… can I Bluetooth talk on this watch?
I didn’t think you could?

No . This was like all android 7.1 1 watches do not support bluetooth calling

2 Likes

indeed it is strange, I use all the signals at the same time, the watch does not heat up and holds the charge very well.

Strange, I can’t get a full day with WiFi or Mobile on, have to use flight profile… To use both at the same time I am sure I can forget about even getting through the working hours without charging…

Very strange . I have had two primes and both great on battery ? Used all day today with sim - data on etc and used 45%

Yeah, I don’t get it. Thought it was because of living in bad coverage and watch trying whole day to connect, but yesterday I switched mobile on during work in 3rd largest city in DK - not bad coverage. Had to charge when back home, (think it was 30% left) to have it on in the evening… Didn’t even use it during work hours…

I appreciate you have exhausted most options but have you done a full reset and start again . I appreciate its a pain but has worked for me before

Yes, I even did that. But what I don’t understand is, during the startup after reset, it asked that I previously had some option off on an earlier device, did I want it on now ?
So if really reset, how can it know this, even before I entered my Google account !?
I even did the reset a couple of times, and that question was repeated…
I will reset again if finally the new firmware will be made available at the update server.
It would have been nice if the network scheduler could schedule mobile signal, but unfortunately not.

Odd . What option off ?

Right, I kick myself that I didn’t photo that…
Will do it on next reset sequence…

1 Like

Its surprising how a reset can kill a underlying problem that you cannot find

1 Like

Yes, only it will restore some settings from cloud, so something’s won’t be reset…
Did you set 3G only to achieve the battery life you have ?

I always use 3g only . Probably due to the fact all older watches got hot hot .

What settings from cloud ? Everything should be wiped off

When you enter the Google account after the reset, it will sync Google preferences from the cloud…

One of you should sit down and make a guide of which settings you just naturally set when getting a new Full Android watch and find so natural that you almost don’t think about them, but over time you have build experience that these are good.

I appreciate that and thats normal . I thought you meant stuff wasnt removed at all

The same thing happened to me. That’s why I think the reset executed from the watch application is not really a total reset. The best way is to do it with the watch rooted. This way, from the TWRP menu you can clean the system partition, cache partition and Dalvik cache, and then install the ROM.

2 Likes

How can I reinstall the ROM?
Thank you tell us how.