Kospet Prime Distance Error

Distance km error by by 50% compared to my Lokhhat and Maps Go 3.1 km for today. GPS was set to Device today

1 Like

Depends on your foot step size setting ?

1 Like

I never use the stock fitness app . I use

With sim - gps - high performance . I always make sure i get a gps lock indoors first with wifi - google maps

Great accurate results on prime

2 Likes

Dr Andy

Using the My Running App does correct the distance. The App appears excellent within it’s self on extending to google maps, and then on to other fitness apps.

Many thanks for your help

2 Likes

Thankyou . And dont forget you can use the built in heart rate monitor with this app only :+1:

1 Like

Dr Andy

I have noticed the heart rate monitor sometimes fails and is not included with my walk.

Do I need to start the heart rate monitor before the App?

Thanks

Bruce

1 Like

No but you do need to allow in watch under " special permissions - sensors " . Then enable in running app . Should work fine

2 Likes

Why does my Prime watch Fitness stock app show distance travelled to be less than he swipe-up-on-home-page distance. Swipe up shows today 3.2km while app summary shows 2.04km today.
02/04 7.1 km vs 4.4 km
01/04 5.4 km vs 2.9 km and so forth all the time.
I compared with a separate phone tracker and the higher number is correct. So the figure synced to Wii2 is correct and that shown in app for distance wrong. GPS is indeed on and I can track my exact movements on the map.
Have tried the my RunnngApp but way too miniscule to navigate.

The stock fitness app records steps only when you open it, while the swipe-up page shows the total steps taken during the day. That’s why the distance travelled is shown to be less in the fitness app

2 Likes

I have found the RunningApp excellent for my use and the lability to save on Google Drive and save to the Strava app . It is well worth the patents to navigating the small size.
I now have a problem with the heart rate monitor which has only worked once since using it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Todays distance 14 minute walk outcome simultaneous tracking Kospet Prime 4G (height setting for all 175cm…step length calculated automatically from height, GPS on high accuracy for all)
Phone app 1 - 1.2km 1582 steps
Phone app 2 - 1.16km 1588 steps
Kospet stock app - 0.82km does not record steps for a particular walk/run except cumulative on swipe up! Why though??

So besides heart rate monitor malfunction this too is another Kospet problem - how I am beginning to miss my Lemfo Lem5 :neutral_face:
Will revert to use of non-stock app.