Kospet prime battery failure

Completely happy with this watch - But about a week ago, not charging correctly and difficult to connect on Charger base. Noticed 1 end pin had sunk into base (1/2-1 mm) Used pencil lead too clean contacts, seemed to be ok as watch then charged up. However, following day, same procedure, screen showing Battery Icon as charging, but actually not charging at all. Today, cannot charge at all ?? Could this be a failed Battery ?? Watch was working extremely well and I do not want to change it. Is there anywhere I could get it checked out in UK. Ordered a new charger , but delivery from China is not until late August !! Now desperate as also my mobile phone…Any help and advice greatly appreciated. Regards, Rik

The prime has to be sitting correctly on the charger to charge . Its very easy to have it misaligned . Have you tried moving it slightly to see if it starts charging . The pins on the charger are not all for charging . Some are for data transfer

1 Like

Yep the pogo pins are a week point.
The suggestion above is one way.
I used a drop of heat gun glue

2 Likes

Hi, Many thankk for this tip re. the unsupported circuit board. I will try to remove the base and try your fix. Much appreciated. As you say, the watch, at least foe me, is superb, everything I was looking for.

2 Likes

A lot of watches out there but the Prime is superb :+1:

3 Likes

Can’t disagree with you there mate :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Pablo,
Many thanks, I will try this also.Such a shame because the watch is superb but the dock has caused me serious problems. Poor design features in the main aspects, pins, seating etc.
Regards,
Rik

There has been a complaint in about the dock for over 6 months.
It’s probably not going to change.
But you can fix it.
I fixed mine.
You can even buy the pogo pins on Aliexpress

1 Like

Hi Pablo, such a shame a good product let down by something that could be fixed at manufacturing stage. Not sure about new pins, I’m 72 trs. of age and my eyesight isn’t that good. I am happyto buy a new dock, but cannot seem to locate one easily.
Regards,
Rik

New dock on Aliexpress.
My eyesight is also bad even though I am only 53.
But I managed it.
New dock is cheap on Aliexpress

its true, unfortunately kospet is rife with malfunctions and quality issues.
my optimus pro suffered the same fate with dock (Noticed 1 end pin had sunk into base (1/2-1 mm)) only 3 months into purchase.

a shame because i loved it so much !

Kospet watches are not " Rife " with hardware and software issues . If they were that bad we wouldnt support them . To be honest they are one of the best manufacturers . Yes they have problems as all do but not to the extent you describe .

4 Likes

I noticed right off how strong the magnet is on the Prime charging dock. It is probably helpful to prevent damage to the pins on the dock to firmly hold the dock and the watch and slowly put them together. If you just lay the watch down toward the dock it has a tendency to snap up to the watch which is likely how the pins get damaged.

4 Likes

Hi Pablo, Many thanks for this, I will check out Aliexpress website,
Regards,
Rik

That’s such a broad statement and it’s actually completely untrue.
There has been a few people who have issues but the percentage when you look at the thousands that have been sold - it’s about 1.5 %.
Much lower than other brands.

The Optimus was a very ambitious watch with complexities that regular Android watches don’t have.
Even so, the error rate is very low.

The Prime is even lower.
This company does actually care about its reputation and we have found them very easy to work with.

4 Likes

my apologies gents, i meant to say “my” kospet.
seeing how both my dock and watch had issues

i really do love it! maybe time for an upgrade, prime ? possible prime 2 ?

Hi Pablo Completely agree. I purchased the Prime on your recommendation and I am completelly happy with it. Although I have issues with the Dock, as long as I can find a replacement easily enough, I do not mind being part of the 1.5%. Watch is superb and difficult to see how it could be improved at the moment, at least.
Rik

HI PABLO,
Ordered new dock from Aliexpress direct from Kospet…Many thanks for the info.
Rik

1 Like

Just a suggestion. When ever I order a new watch I always order a spare charge cable/dock for it just in case. Beats the alternative and sometimes they are no longer available if they discontinue the watch.

2 Likes

Good poinnt Jonathan. The problemm was when I ordered the watch , I ordered from a company called Banggood, no spare dock available. Also when I tried to contact them, not really interested in my problem. Last time I will deal with this company.

Regards,
Rik