Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I use this. I think it’s better.

2 Likes

Built in…
Through settings search…
No need for any other apps
But it is all a matter of choice

5 Likes

hello, have this new Kospet Prime 2 since some days. On all my other smartwatches ( Kospet, Lemfo and others ) i have the abit to use some apps who ‘vocalize’ the messages or notifications from the apps, with prime 2 this kind of apps doesn’t work : they all say there is a problem with speech synthetis (TTS engine) on your phone… If i ask a question to Google assistant he reply by voice very well. Strange, any idea ?

Missing “Google TTS” on watch
Install this:

3 Likes

Kospet prime 2 as already ‘google text-to-speech’ installed by factory, this is not the problem…

You are lucky. my watch missed this program. Then check its operation
Settings -> System -> Languages & input -> Text-to speech output

Only the language file may be missing

I put up a rather controversial video this morning showing a PRIME 2 (and some other watches) not doing well with heat dissipation during basic video recording. It’s generating a bunch of technical comments and questions under the video, so I’ve invited the gang to bring their concerns over here for deeper discussions with the real technical experts (you guys). Here’s a link to the video if you want to check it out. I’m placing it here in the PRIME 2 thread as most of the interest has been in how this particular watch faired in the stress load testing:

7 Likes

Chigz Tech Reviews on the Prime 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUJSr4Sulg

2 Likes

Hi, just receceived my PRIME2 from KOSPET via aliexpress, but got and issue already. In my case, I lose at least 2% every hour. In my case I did the test with several parameters but no improvement. I charged the watch at 100%, I installed the most recent firmware version (D09 … 1.4) no new app installed, I even freeze all the apps and despite all this I did not have improvement on the battery, always loses 2% every hour in standby mode (screen always closed,desable gps,wif,bluetooth). And if I use the watch with brighnest at 50%, no SIM, gps, wifi, bluetooth are desable, system work mode to normal, freeze all the apps and I lose 20% per hour (no games or other apps, only navigate in each settings of the applications installed by default) but no improvement at all. I remember that @droidtrix had investigated the lifespan of the battery in his case I remember he he was losing losing around 10% over night when the sim card is disabled. I know he tried several settings in designer mode, but I never knew which setting exactly to improve battery life. I know it may not be the same problem but what if either of you has any idea of the problem?

You have factory reset since taking the OTA…?
This is the first thing to do, even if you have done it already.

Yes factory reset done

I explaine this issue to kospet seler but the only respond i got is to look at the battery consumption to see any app that drain abnormaly the battery but there is no info since the watch is alway on standby mode.

Yes, I am not surprised by their response. You have only had the watch for about 24 hours right?
You need to let it go through a couple of discharge / recharge cycles before you start wondering if you have a problem.

I would suggest allowing a couple of cycles and if it is still an issue you can flash the firmware linked to the top post using the firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.

That will wipe it and start fresh.

But give it a chance first.

you absoluty correct only 24h, this is what I thought regarding the recharge cycle, I will wait a week to see the battery improvement. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

No problem.
And feel free to use it like you normally would.
Don’t treat it any differently.
Install apps and Watch Faces etc…

After a week of normal usage and charging when needed - you should have a better idea of how the battery is coping :+1:

2 Likes

I have the language file in the watch and when Google assistant talk it’s ok. But when i install app like this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ocelot.notifyier the app doesnt work and say problem with TTS engine. I have try 4 différent apps like this, same problem… I dont understand why.

With a name like yours, you should be able to turn water into wine - let alone hear voices :joy:

5 Likes

Fun but infortunately i have loose my power since so many years and that doesnt help me about the problem… :grin:

Yeah sorry, that was slightly cheeky :joy:
But on a serious note, you can install Google Assistant and enable voice assistance in accessibility options.
This is the easiest way because part of the installation is to allow the permission when you open the app.
Otherwise, you can install settings search and enable it.
I think it is easier to use Google assistant personally.

2% pr hour - that’s 48% in 24h, 96% in 48h.
I would be completely happy about that.

3 Likes