Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Yes I can save editing in the other SIM but the SIM is not active so I can’t actually use it but I have no doubt it would work if I paid to have it re-activated.

I will contact Kospet today to see about the return and I’ll ask them about this APN issue.

Sorry I don’t understand why you would be upset at me for wanting root. It’s not that I don’t believe you. It is just that many phones have been un-rootable for months only for someone to eventually figure out a good root method. I suspect that Android 10 will eventually be fully rooted. Can you really blame me for wanting to have root? I respected your request to not discuss it here any more. I did not mention this forum specifically and only stated that it was not open for discussion on a watch forum. There are some extremely talented people at XDA. Nearly every successful root method was created by a member on there.

It was not that I don’t believe what you are saying – what you said is quite true at this time but in the future that can change. In the past many phones and new Android OS’s were said the be
UN-Rootable. Then someone came up with a method to root them. It’s always been a back and forth game between the hackers and Google’s Android OS makers. Google even hired one of the best root hackers on XDA to go to work for Google to figure out ways to block exploits so root could no longer be used.

It’s the same game with iPhones and jailbreaking. Every time a new version is updated they say they will never be able to jailbreak it but eventually it gets jailbroken.

Apple and nearly everyone also say you can’t bypass the iCloud lock. I worked on an iCloud locked iPhone for 5 years on and off spending hundreds of hours on it when everyone said it was impossible to bypass it (except for the phony youtubers just wanting clicks and web sites selling bogus claims to unlock). After 5 years I finally hit on a method to bypass the iCloud lock. Not one of those phony pay services either. Not the half baked DNS barely working method. My own method. iPhone is fully functional now.

2 Likes

Now for some good if not totally STRANGE NEWS. My Kospet Prime 2 has been losing about 10% battery power overnight with everything turned off - watch is on but all cell, wifi, gps, bluetooth and so on is turned off. Last night I forgot to turn off the cellular. My phone calls and text DO work when it is on (just the mobile data doesn’t work with my current SIM) So cellular got left on. My phone was charged as usual to 100% before going to sleep. I got up this morning and after about 9 hours from last night I looked at the watch and it was still at 100% How strange is that? It gets way better battery life when the cellular is ON???

1 Like

maybe you need a few full 0% to 100% charges on the watch in order to get a perfect battery level indication. Sometimes there’s a problem and the system thinks there’s more juice in the battery than what there really is

1 Like

Install Ampere from the Play Store to check if the charging is still going on, because when most of the devices displays 100%, there is still about 150+ mAh of charging current.
When I stop charging my Prime 1 right when it hits 100%, in a few hours it loses a few percents, when I stop the charging about an hour after it displays 100%, it lasts a lot longer.
I know, the perfect would be to stop charging at 85%, but with a battery as small (compared to my 6Ah ROG Phone 3 and 10Ah Ulefone Armor 3WT) as the Prime 1’s (and even the 2’s) I don’t really care if it loses 10% or even 20% from the total capacity in a few years.

2 Likes

@StormChild, I use an inline (between the charger and the watch) USB volt / ammeter which shows the watch does indeed keep charging for a while after it shows 100%. After mine hits that level it will still show 40 or 50 ma drawing from the charger for a while before it finally gets down to Zero milliamps. In each case before sleep I would charge it to 100% and watch the meter until it got to Zero percent. But will cellular on it was getting way better battery life oddly. It could have something to do with this being and engineering sample.

I agree also with the idea of charging to 100% since I want the capacity at full in case of a situation where I needed every last bit of power. Rather have that and a little less capacity a year or two later than find myself in a situation where I needed it and don’t have any power left.

1 Like

I don’t know if most of you are familiar with the open source SCRCPY tool, but even if the Prime 2’s display is large enough, it can be boring to look at a display this size for hours - this is where SCRCPY can help: just connect your Android device to your PC, start SCRCPY (it works via ADB, it doesn’t need root), then you’ll be able to control your device on your PC!
This is how I configured my Prime 1, and this is how I’ll configure my Prime 2 when it arrives - it’s a lot easier to look at a 27’’ 1440p monitor than a 480x480 2.1’’ display. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I understand what you are saying and am familiar with that. But I’ve also read the actual battery voltage with an app that reads actual voltage which in Lithium ion batteries is a very good indicator of their actual power left. But this was consistently losing 10% or more over 8-10 hours when everything was off. Then I left cellular on and it was still at 100% and voltage was up at a level to indicate it was nearly full at about 4.2 volts. Normally 4.35 volts is as high as they go when completely charged to maximum.

Exactly, that’s the dream :smiley:

@StormChild, I know I had tried something like this some years ago but had forgotten about it. Just tried SCRCPY now. Super easy to use. It’s AWESOME!. Thanks for bringing this up especially for tired old eyes like mine. :+1:

1 Like

Or you can use Vysor

5 Likes

Yep, but SCRCPY is open source, you can use it fullscreen without paying a dime.
If you already have Vysor Pro ($40 is the lifetime license, $2.50/month is the subscription), then it’s on-par with it.
I’ve tried both and I like SCRCPY more, but we’re different with different taste.

3 Likes

I use SCRCPY
It’s fantastic and such a tiny footprint. :+1:

2 Likes

I think there has been a misunderstanding here… Sorry.

I mean to say that I have used magisk root (magisk system-less root is the only way to do it) on the Prime 2.

The problem is that you can’t do the stuff you want to do with it.
You cannot flash anything in twrp - DM_VERITY
You cannot delete anything - DM_VERITY
In fact you can only use magisk modules (some).

So yes root is available.
Can you use it on Android 10 encrypted images? NO

That’s all I was trying to tell you.
Root possible… Systemless YES
Is it worth using - only if you need to use a magisk module that does not modify any partitions.

2 Likes

hi pablo11 (who is overworked and underappreciated) Thanks, I understood the problem with Android 10 root. For simplicity and to keep it shorter (than I usually do :laughing: ) I just called it rooting. In other situations they have found ways to get around the DM_Verity so I’m just hoping someday it will all get hacked by some of the guru’s at xda in a way that we can all have full access to do whatever we may choose with our devices on Android 10. Cheers

Yes I understand.
If a bootloader can be unlocked it is possible to do things with vbmeta and so on.
However, these use locked pre-loaders and fastboot is permanently disabled in the boot image. During build time.

So with out these functions it is just pointless really.

Cheers

By the way people.
Google sync for some items is disabled.
I strongly recommend that you install this app and check for play services updates.

4 Likes

Another battery test run overnight. This time cellular and everything was off again, clean task, closed all etc. Battery went from 100% to 89% in about 8 hours. Tonight will run test with cellular on to see if it again stays at 100%. Just the opposite of all other android devices I’ve had.

2 Likes

@Teebow, If I turn it off for the night it will still be at 100% in the morning. I just find it strange that the battery seems to stay charged so much better when cellular is on versus watch on with cellular off. Or at least that has been my experience so far. Like you I charge it up at night so Another test tonight with cellular on …

Just got in a bunch of bands to show off various watches in an upcoming video, and couldn’t wait to show you guys this one on the PRIME 2. For me it makes the BIG actually COOL!

8 Likes