Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Same images but black added. I wonder if they can fix this in the firmware. It looks like the watch camera is compensating for the lack of a flash and adds more white to the image. It’s not over exposing but adding more white. https://photos.app.goo.gl/b2eH1zCanwt5VxRt5

@jackt, High contrast scenes are difficult for most cameras and I think that is what you had in a number of pictures. Have you tried the zoom function yet? I’m not sure if that is a optical zoom or a digital zoom but it is advertised as having a 3.9x zoom.

What I’m seeing in your pictures is a vast improvement over the Prime camera. Thanks for sharing.

@fiocco, I’ve bought quite a lot from Aliexpress over the last few years and had little problems but this year there has been quite a number of things that were never delivered and some that were delayed for many months. I avoid them now unless there is no other source for an item. At least they are generally good at refunding your $$.

1 Like

@Dotsfar, I would say that depends on what smartphone you are comparing it too. These are better pictures than some older phones I have but maybe not as good as some newer ones. However I believe nearly all the pictures posted were under less than ideal lighting conditions. I’m actually fairly impressed with the quality I’m seeing. I was a photographer long before cell phones, had my own darkroom and even had an award winning picture in the past so I think I tend to notice things that may effect the captured scene in ways that may not be so obvious for those who didn’t study photography as I did.

The resolution of the pictures posted so far are much better than any watch I’ve got or seen in the past. It think it will be possible to add other camera apps which may enhance and give more control over the pictures than the stock app included. I’ve use different camera apps on Android phones in the past that definitely did better than the one the phone came with.

2 Likes

yes, the pictures I took have a wide dynamic range. They are less than ideal framing. I did that on purpose to understand the limits of the camera. I still think in a well lite image, the white or contrast is a little high. I have the Kospet Prime and the new LEM12 Pro as well, this camera is better than those 2 watches. I’ll take some daylight images and upload them soon. cheers!

1 Like

Honestly, I expected far better quality specially when they said that they gonna use Sony sensor with 13mp, that combo could bring far better shots than that,
Also there’s no landscape mode?
Kospet needs to work more on their camera, specially when it comes to that big watch body.

2 Likes

I think it is a generic driver for the management of the camera because there was the same problem on prime 1

1 Like

I find there is unusually much glare around the high lighted areas. Looking like a plastic lens, or possibly some residue on the lens.

1 Like

I had cleaned the lens before the shots, but the plastic lens makes total sense. If I had access to the camera configurations, I could try different configurations to take better images.

1 Like

@Dotsfar, I suspect the glare is due to the camera app or driver overexposing the lighted areas in order to compensate for the low light in the rest of the scene so as to make to overall exposure correct. I can take pictures with my phones in areas so dark I can’t even see an object with my eyes but it will auto-expose so the object can easily be seen and the rest of the scene will have overexposure resulting in glare. I’m guessing the light in some of jackt’s scenes would appear considerably lower to your eyes if you were there than what you see in the pictures. This is of course my speculation but based on some experience in photography. I should know in a few days after doing my own tests as soon as the Prime 2 arrives.

@jackt, does the camera app give you any options for adjusting various camera parameters?

A couple camera apps I’ve used on my Prime:
Cameringo Plus
Camera FV-5
Both have a lot of settings you can change.

1 Like

Good to know about the camera applications! thank you, I’ll test them.

The native camera application has exposure compensation. It also has a touch screen to focus on an area. I don’t see a center, center-weighted, or matrix exposure in the settings. The sun didn’t come out today to take high exposure images.

1 Like

To give you soemething to compare it to, here are several pictures taken with the Kronus Genesis front camera. They are posted on the Genesis facebook page.

The front camera is listed on web site as 5MP geared up to 8MP.

3 Likes

There may be better camera apps than those two I posted. It’s just a couple older ones I had in my app folder on my computer that I tried. I haven’t really been able to find any camera apps made specifically for round smartwatches. Searches for that usually just turn up apps for a watch to control your cell phone. The only one I found for a round watch face is for a Samsung watch and did not work on the Prime - no surprise there.

The camera on the Prime 2 is 13mp hardware upscale to 16mp.

1 Like

personally, I believed that the smart watch should show the time and not getting the best shots.

I have to admit, I never take photos with my watches.
However, now that we at the point where I can leave my phone at home - I probably will…
Occasionally.

3 Likes

I’d like to get the watch. Only the size concerns me.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be big.
If you have any concerns I suggest you wait for the reviews from our friend Smartwatch Ticks and take your time to decide

2 Likes
9 Likes

Ha ha, excellent work from the Good Doctor @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
Bang on que mate :joy:

2 Likes