Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I’m sorry, but this is not an acceptable response from the solution provider. They won’t fix a serious bug in the firmware because f-you for using a 3rd party launcher? :astonished:

3 Likes

They aren’t Samsung or Motorola… You are buying from a small Chinese Company. Their resources are limited. If they did what you wanted the watch would be the price of a new Samsung Note 20, which is close to $1000.00 US dollars not $150.00.

3 Likes

We’re not asking for anything new or special. Just to fix something that was working on A7 watches and is working on the P2 except in one circumstance.

2 Likes

So here’s the thing.
If it is working in most circumstances what are you suggesting should be done?

Remember it is not Kospet who makes the main board or firmware.
So the Android 10 build for the LEM12 pro and the Prime 2 and the LEM14 is the same “base firmware” with minor driver differences for the varying screens etc.
The software is almost identical apart from some Brand requested icon or app changes.

I am happy to help if I can but just the fact that you said

Means that it is going to be a very difficult problem for them to fix.

If you have some very specific information that might help - please let me know.

Cheers

1 Like

As nearly all A10 watches share the same FW, it’s probably the same problem on them too.

2 Likes

Sure that is fine pablo11. I went ahead and made a topic for the APN setting issue here just for the Prime 2 APN settings help

1 Like

Control + F. Or just click the search button brings up ‘search this thread’. All in one place - quick and easy rather than jumping around to dozens of other threads in hopes one may have what you are looking for. That’s how I prefer it for support on one model anyway. If you are familiar with XDA forum you’ll find threads there with many thousands of posts - some over 10,000 and only a few posts per page. At least here it’s all on one page. On XDA if you find 20 posts on a particular thing of interest in a big thread you will end up having to load several pages just to get through all the posts.

Thanks very much @droidtrix.
I have had my eye surgery yesterday and I will be in a better position to to work soon.

I am very grateful for the APN support you have given.
Kospet is concerned about this issue and a project has been launched to see if a custom app can be made to get around the nav bar menu issue… But I have to say that I don’t know how it can be done.

Cheers

Yes. I’ve released custom roms on XDA. Ctrl F works only on preloaded threads, not dynamic ones such on this forum. Trust me when I tell you having different threads in subforums is better than “your” preferred method.

For me, when using Ctrl + F here, it brings up the search from the website and not the one from the browser, but if anyone gets the browser one they can just click the search button in the top right corner of the webpage instead.

1 Like

Your right since I’m the one talking to people on here about camera streaming apps on the kp2 and not the major problem of apn info being locked on the kp2 itself oh and I’m telling people to go post other threads cause im the only one who should do what they want to and cause its cluttered in here while I just add some more clutter, you know like you do. Lol anyways. I got that sim card and it don’t work… what the hell I thought sprint ones would work? Could someone anyone just give me info on where to get this thing I’m so past done 4 weeks later with no cell internet on this thing

1 Like

T-Mobile works great.

Ok thanks I’ll go get one later I’m gonna persevere and get mobile data on this spicy bastard going I don’t care if it kills me lol

Since it appears as a normal phone to cell providers and not a special device why doesn’t it work with Verizon, I was under the impression it doesn’t work with them because it’s not an approved watch by them, but if it appears as a normal a10 phone to providers why not than? Is it even locked really, has anyone tried getting Verizon service on one with straighttalk or anything? I think I might spend the 45 bucks and give it a whirl if not.

Verizon is not a GSM network. These watches only work on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. Or one of their clones like Speed Talk, that I use that runs on T-Mobile. That can be had for as little as $5 a month depending on your needs.

I just tried a third party lock screen from the play store and it did not have the security issue the stock one does. It did take maybe a second after the reboot before the lock appeared, so if someone is fast and lucky enough maybe they can disable it in that time, but I guess it’s a better solution than the stock one when using UL

4 Likes

It is officially advertised as having wcdma capability,
Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE+TDD-LTE
Frequency:
TDD LTE: B38(2600MHz),B39(1900),B40(2300),B41(2500)
FDD LTE: B1(2100),B2(1900),B3(1800),B5(850),B7(2600),B8(900),B12(700)
B17(700),B20(800)
TD-SCDMA: B34(2100),B39(1900)
WCDMA: B1(2100),B5(850),B2(1900)
GSM:B2(1900),B3(1800) ,B5(850),B8(900)
@pablo11 could I have clarification on the capabilities of the antenna?
Also I went and got a simple mobile sim kit and plan tonight and finally have internet using that out of the box no hassle instead of the straight talk i had, so for anyone in the future having problems with apn simple mobile is an easy cheap reliable solution. And thank you to others who offered solutions now there’s another lol

Simple Mobile runs on the T-Mobile network. Verizon is “CDMA” and will not work. I do have an old Verizon phone made by Casio that had a selector switch and would run on either CDMA or GSM network.

1 Like

Guess that depends on your browser - it works for me. I guess your method has to be better for everyone because you say so.

Ok guys,
Enough about creating sub topics.

@R_Sauvalle let’s drop it now.
I am not enjoying this argument and it’s not healthy to prolong the situation.
@droidtrix - let this go now please.

When I have recovered from my surgery I will be cleaning up this thread.

Let’s all get along please.

Cheers
Pablo11