Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I got lost trying to navigate the pages and gave up when I realised that most (if not all??) of the watch faces were made for smaller screens and there didn’t appear to be any ready reference index system or consistency of post names that would narrow down searches.

I take the review very seriously. As it gives great insight into how far technology has come. Freaking amazing. I think the problem here is that too many people have developed unrealistic expectations around technology, new product development and performance expectations. Holy shit, it was only a thousand nappy changes ago that watches had cameras installed for the first time.

1 Like

Yes it is serious and Mr Ticks is a good friend of mine.
He is responding to customers expectations and questions.
However, you are correct.
The expectations have become unrealistic and the issue is that people are thinking there is a problem if they cannot use their watch as a video recorder.

3 Likes

I posted this over on the LEM12 Pro thread as well, but it falls in line with the discussion here, so forgive me for the repeat:

Haha, regarding using the video recorder for the stress test on these watches, I figured it would be a good, solid load for heating the watches to get a decent temperature read after a few minutes for comparisons. Really didn’t think it would crash two of them! Then again, like you said @pablo11, who would actually use a video recorder on a watch? Not me. I’ve only tested them on short clips up until now. So in terms of seeing how far I could push these three Android 10 watches for a comparable level of comparison, the demo succeeded. Plus it got the point across that extended video on a watch is pretty ridiculous.

4 Likes

Thanks Mr T
It’s always a tricky thing…
Stress testing is important to an extent and that’s why I said that your tests are important.
But expectations are intense and the younger people who are now taking an interest seem to take things very literally…
So then we have a situation where just because the video recording makes the device overheat - it must be faulty.

The truth is that heavy writes to storage and screen time etc will always make these little semi sealed devices overheat.

So I hope you are not offended @SmartWatch_Ticks
I just don’t want people to lose sight of reality when they think about what they want from these devices.

As you can see, already there is a perception that we should be seriously worried about the results of the videos.
When the truth is that they are perfectly capable of being good watches - as long as we don’t try to make toast with them or make a movie with them. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m happy to show you how to do it yourself if your interested then you dont have to give Alrod any money :+1:

Its actually very easy after you have done one

1 Like

Good morning. I don’t have this smartwatch yet, but I ordered it. After I saw the Mr Ticks video I thought: who would make a half hour video with a smartwatch? The video is very interesting and intrigued me but in my opinion it must be taken as a kind of experiment. The fact that they overheat is perfectly normal, it would be a problem if they overheated for other reasons, for example a short call or after watching a short video on YouTube. Let’s remember that we always talk about smartwatches that have the same functions as a smartphone but in reality they are not. In my opinion this Kospet Prime 2 is a fantastic smartwatch that if used well will give me a lot of satisfaction. I hope it will arrive soon😄. Sorry if I wrote too much.

5 Likes

Lol, I’ll bet it is… Just like building houses, fixing sewing machines, servicing motors etc. I will have a look at it (Thank you very much) and see how I go. Though to be perfectly honest, now I have 20 of 21 of the buttons working (in a very presentable working watch face) there isn’t a great deal of motivation for a tired old dog to be learning new tricks. Thanks again though, the thought is appreciated.

1 Like

they will work just as well on the prime 2 even though they’re made for smaller screens. actually, if you put a 480x480 watchface on the prime 2 it will only show properly if you use UL, on the stock launcher you will loose the outer part of the face

1 Like

last night I recorded video 1080p for a minute or so while running with MyRunningApp without an issue. Please dont remove video recording; just add a disclaimer on possible overheating. BTW WiFi dodgy again. Oh well, at least it’s a little more usable.

1 Like

Ok, that is reasonable.
Just out of curiosity - are you getting sound during playback - from your recording?

I have seen a bug where video is fine but no sound during playback…

I hear. But I can test more recordings to check if that bug appears

Thanks, this is good news because it is causing issues for the next update at the moment.
Any feedback is welcome :handshake::handshake:

2 Likes

Absolutely correct…
Stock launchers and others use automatic scaling so it should be no problem :+1:

@isgursoy this is what I was referring to.

1. Video recording is not that heavy to call “unrealistic, weird, intense”. Writing disk? Screen? Then why don’t you remove screen and disk?

2. Point is not video recording here. You are fighting with my finger while I am pointing thermal defect.

3. Poor Thor 6 pro which this forum does not like that much is able to do that “unrealistic, weird, intense” thing.

Which daily need, be it emailing, messaging, surfing, whatever, that you have causes the watch to have a thermal defect ?

1 Like

We don’t dislike or have any opinion about the Thor 6.
We just have no relationship with Zeblaze and have little experience with their products. This is their choice.

But just to be clear - the PCBs in all the Android 10 watches are exactly the same.

Just some very minor differences for different screen types and connectors etc…
But otherwise the same.

Please let’s leave this alone now because the solution provider is already aware of this and repeating it over and over is not going to make any difference.

I’m not arguing with you, it’s up to them what they think is important or not and I was just pointing out that using the watch as video recorder is not very high on their list of things to worry about.

Rest assured - they are aware of the situation and if any solution is found we will make sure you know about it.

Now please let’s leave it there.

Otherwise we will open a separate thread for this.

2 Likes

For example browser can do this, simply pretty much anything that writes to disk while screen is open :slight_smile:, a long list.

What I left under that video was that:

Thor 6 survived because needs to encode video in a lower resolution than LEM 12 Pro I guess. LEM 12 was alive because Android 10 is fresh yet. Kospet was dead because of both. The thermal engineering point is valid for everything but does not help that too much. Plus, this review should also mention CPU temperature.

they are aware of the situation and if any solution is found we will make sure you know about it.

Deal. This was the goal @pablo11. Thank you for all your effort.

an honest review i guess,especially about the battery department and the heartrate sensor.