Kospet Prime 2 is dead!

Yep, you just need to email them at
Kospetsmart@gmail.com and tell them that you have been here and tried everything…
They will help you.

It is most likely the rear cover contacts

2 Likes

thanx…just sent them an email…cross my fingers…

2 Likes

Please let me know if you have issues or cc me using zappa1.pf@gmail.com which is my email.

no response yet…will keep you up to date…thanx for the help

Hi!
I have also kospet prime 2 (bought December 2020) and one morning I noticed the it hasn’t loaded the battery overnight. I checked the cable and I think one pin didn’t has the contact, it was always down, maybe the pin was loose, not fastened in the cable. So I ordered new cable from Aliexpress.

The cable came about 2 weeks after and I tried it, but the kospet only flashes the kospet logo, then goes black screen and the same thing repeats all the time. Could it be that the battery went so empty, that it doesn’t recharge any more?

Anyone got these problems? Any solutions?
Best regards, Kari

I had a similar thing which was fixed when i flashed the firmware

Make sure the watch is totally dead before you flash or the bootloop will start again before flashing works

2 Likes

Being a Prime 2, I hope you ordered the correct cable.
The Prime 2 is opposite to almost all other watches.
That’s why I posted the warning at the start of the Prime 2 support thread.
As @Dr_Andy_Vishnu has quoted in his post above.

2 Likes

I hope so, the product specification says: "* Original KOSPET PRIME 2 Smartwatch Charger Line USB Data Cable Charging Cable For KOSPET PRIME 2 Watch Charger Wire Accessories*
and it was from Kospet original store.

Tomorrow I will try the flashing operation, hope that helps … but if the battery is dead, that could be a problem…

Thank’s for helping @Dr_Andy_Vishnu @pablo11 !

No, it’s no problem. Flashing is possible even if the battery is emty. Use “firmware update” instead of “download only”.

1 Like

I did it by the instructions (download only). The firmware was D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031.zip. It went ok to the watch. But now it is really dead, it doesn’t charge, flashtool don’t recognize it (I tried the firmware upgrade), all lines are inactive and it doesn’t list watch on the left side.

Is there still some wayto get it up?

br, Kari

Have you tried different USB ports? Make also sure that the contacts are clean.

Ok, you have to click on “download” at the upper side first. Then connect the watch to your PC.

1 Like

Ok, I tried another usb port and I got the watch in the Flash tool, tried Firmware upgrade and it went ok. But still it is a brick, no recharge, solid black screen … :cold_sweat:

Hmm, I’m wondering if the new cable is brocken. Can you check the cable? The outer contacts are + and -.

This had which version of firmware on it?
Before you flashed it?

It was original firmware, don’t know which one …
I tried the voltage meter and it is ok, 5.16V, plus goes to up and minus down in the clock.
But the cable is upside down compared to original cable, chord goes downwards now …

br, Kari

Problem solved!

I opened those screws on backside carefully and found the problem. The battery cable is totally loose!
Has anyone a picture, where to connect battery + chord in the clock and the backside - chord?

br, Kari

2 Likes

Please share a photo of what you mean and I will send the correct layout for you.
Cheers

1 Like

I figured it out I think.I put the battery cable for right place, now I did get it recharge!
But, there is a black stripe coming from the backcover (vbus something), but I can’t see where to put this. I think it is coming from the sensor on the back cover … If it is just that, I don’t mind, I don’t need it. But now I let it recharge and hope it will boot ok … If it boots ok, then I put the screws back and hope other functions are ok… :pray:

3 Likes

Ok - as I said - send a photo of the points in question and I will help you.
Otherwise - sounds good :slight_smile:

1 Like