Kospet Prime 2 and WatchDroid Notifications

Hello, Just got this watch and have decided to go with using watch droid which a lot of you are saying is the best option to use for linking it up with your phone.

What I would like to know is how do you all handle notifications. Watch Droid seems to work well with notifications on the watch which then allow you to reply etc.

What I seem to be getting is a notification from watch droid on the watch and then one from the watch’s default notification app?

Go through the settings in Watch Droid phone app. There is a setting to have the notifications sent to the default notification system also, which you can enable/disable :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Can you specify which setting this is? I get “Watch” notifications that have a wood panel background and for weather a sky background. I disabled the weather one by turning off Google notifications. But these random “system” notifications are annoying. They are also telling me when the watch is disconnecting/connecting, wireless service update, etc. They have a different look then the regular Watch Droid notifications and only tabs to “Open/Dismiss”. Please help…I’ve searched and searched. In Watch Droid there is a page called “Notification Service” and in there are 2 checked boxes. One says “Service On” and the other says “Answering Requests” is this the option? I have the TicWris Max S. Thanks…

The Watch notifications are from the watch itself, remember it is a full phone, so it will generate it’s own notifications. Watch notifications are represented in Universal Launcher with decorated background. If you dislike this, you can slide up where you can select high contrast notifications, which will be without background.
The Connected to and Disconnected from your phone are notifications generated by Watchdroid, when you get out of reach of Bluetooth and back. If you dislike those, you may disable them in the settings in the Watchdroid app on the phone.
The Google notifications are from your watch Android implementation, which just as a phone has a Google app onboard which would like to be your assistant. I don’t remember how to disable those, but it must be in the Google settings inside the watch OS settings.

Okay…I think I figured it out. I slid up to the UL interface and changed it to "silenced/grayed out for notifications. Hopefully that will stop the watch notifications. The Watch Droid settings are good, I just didn’t understand which app was giving me the system notifications on the watch. But now I see it is the UL on the watch doing it. Thanks for the response.
On a separate note…do you know if you can click on hyperlinks in the Watch Droid watch notification and it will open the link? My daughter is always sending me TikTok links :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, didn’t try that. Do you expect the link to open in watch or phone ?

Not sure… Kind of think it would open a browser on the watch.

Why don’t you just try to click them and tell us if it works :ok_hand:

I have tried the settings (see picture) and I am still getting the watch notifications separate from Watch Droid. Any ideas how to stop them?

Those are apparently from your email, so go to the email app and disable notifications.

Okay I will do that with the Gmail app. But I still get the other one pictured higher up.

Actually, if you really don’t want any notifications at all from the watch apps and OS, you could probably go to the app permissions and disable the access to notifications for the Watch app.

Edit: sorry, you use UL, so probably you should disable access to notifications for UL.

2 Likes

I went to the Notifications and disable Gmail. Then went to App Settings/App Permissions/SMS and unclicked 8 of 8. Hopefully that works.

I had already done it for WatchClockskin yesterday and rebooted.