Kospet Optimus 2 Problem with Watchface. Not more starting

Hello forum,
I installed a clock watchface on my Kospet Optimus 2. When selecting and activating this watchface, the clock no longer starts. It’s like being in a boat loop. The clock always tries to start this watch face, but it doesn’t work. I can’t get into the menu. What can I do ?
Excuse me, my English is not good. I translated with google translator. I hope you understand me and can help me.

Many greetings, Volker

Can you enter the power- off- menu by press and hold the power button?

I can turn the clock on and off. But do not come into the menu.
What do you mean by the power off menu?
I’ve already looked for a firmware and flash tool but couldn’t find anything for the new Optimus 2

Ok, you can try swiping to the side quickly and repeatedly while the watch starts up. And in the direction of the app drawer. There is a very small window of time when starting up where this can succeed. It will take several tries, but it works. If you are in the app drawer, you can delete the face that is causing the problem.

2 Likes

Here ist a CrashLog:

STACK_TRACE = java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(AsyncTask.java:399)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘int org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParser.getEventType()’ on a null object reference
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.parseClockSinXML(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:397)
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.init(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:234)
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:161)
at com.wiite.home.MainActivity$chooseClockfaceTask.doInBackground(MainActivity.java:853)
at com.wiite.home.MainActivity$chooseClockfaceTask.doInBackground(MainActivity.java:810)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:378)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
… 3 more
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘int org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParser.getEventType()’ on a null object reference
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.parseClockSinXML(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:397)
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.init(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:234)
at com.wiite.home.watchface.WiiteSkinWatchface.(WiiteSkinWatchface.java:161)
at com.wiite.home.MainActivity$chooseClockfaceTask.doInBackground(MainActivity.java:853)
at com.wiite.home.MainActivity$chooseClockfaceTask.doInBackground(MainActivity.java:810)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:378)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

EXEPTION = An error occurred while executing doInBackground()

As yet there is no flashing advice on this forum for this type of watch . Its way more complicated than you think .
Try what @G1NT0N1C has just recommened .

I also had this problem also with this watch and the bootloop . Good news is after battery died fully it came back to life and i deleted clockskin :+1:

2 Likes

I have now wiped for 45 minutes. I also saw the menu briefly, but then it was gone again. I can’t do that.

Have you read my post above ?

yes Andy. Then I wait until the battery is empty. After that you charged and then did it work again? I’m only afraid that the memory will eventually be full because a crashlog.txt is written with every looping.

Don’t worry. It will take a few years to fill the memory in this way…

1 Like

What exactly happened when the battery was empty? Connected to charger and restarted and then the clock worked again ??

Hi . Yes it worked after battery drained fully . When i restarted after charging bootloop stopped

1 Like

I hope that I am lucky too

1 Like

Which face caused the problem?

I do not know that anymore. I installed some from the ROUND ANDROID WATCHFACES thread.

Are you using stocklauncher or Universal launcher?

stocklauncher

Ok, you might have downloaded an UL- face by mistake?

1 Like

Plug the watch into your pc, delete the watch face you copied to the watch, reboot!

2 Likes

Hello Edward, WOW !!! That was the solution. Many many thanks. Thanks also to G1NT0N1C and Dr_Andy_Vishnu for their help. It was a nice experience as a newcomer to the forum. THANK YOU

1 Like