Kospet Brave, how to calculate Blood Pressure?

I am trying to write a new Android User Interface for the Kospet Brave for a company project, and I cannot decipher how to read the Blood Pressure. Is there an SDK or something else I can use to get the Blood Pressure value?

I looked at the firmware, but I do not see any source code.

Thanks.

1 Like

Mr. Ticks has this video that explains basically how it works. Its at the 20:30 point in the video. Unlike some fitness bands that measure from two points, electrical and heart rate sensor, this watch only uses the heart rate sensor.

1 Like

Thank you for replying, but I already know how to use the watch. My question was how to calculate the Blood Pressure from the raw sensor data. As I was saying, I am trying to write a new interface for it for a company project. Is there an SDK for this watch that I can use?

Thanks.

(This thread is quite old, but might be still interesting)

Most full android smartwatches are only equipped with a heart rate sensor (Pixart PAH8001 or TYHX HRS3300.
If you need blood pressure you (currently) need to look for alternative watches (Galaxy Active 2 for example) or sbc modules like the MAX32664D.

Edit:
Seems like pulse oximeters are needed to calculate the blood pressure.
This is supported by the Pixart PAH8013/PAH8112, maybe we see them being used in upcoming devices.

Suggest you look at the Spovan Blade made by Kronus Blaze. It is strictly a health band, no phone. It provides constant blood pressure monitoring taking a reading every 5 minutes. Blood Oxygen, Sleep patterns, Sleep Apnea, ECG etc. with about a 7 day battery life. Besides the difficulty of adding these additional features when added to the other uses of the watches, battery life would be a big problem.