Keeping track of the impact of these changes

Jan 27, 2019 14:46:48 GMT capt jon said:
Jan 27, 2019 8:43:53 GMT Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Silly question . How secure is this . Went to install from apk and all the usual android warnings start flashing up etc

Thanks

Installing Version 9.1 you are installing the last version before the changes took place. The developers cautioned the apps users that if they did not want to lose the full function of Watch Droid, to not download any further updates unless directed to by them. It is unlikely they will be able to fully restore all the functions lost under the new security rules set down by Google. If you noticed on apkpure the newer versions 10.0 and 10.1 were also available. These versions are not fully functional like 9.1.

Hi . Do you use this instead of wiiwatch 2 and what are the benefits . Thankyou

Feb 3, 2019 8:06:22 GMT Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Jan 27, 2019 14:46:48 GMT capt jon said:
Installing Version 9.1 you are installing the last version before the changes took place. The developers cautioned the apps users that if they did not want to lose the full function of Watch Droid, to not download any further updates unless directed to by them. It is unlikely they will be able to fully restore all the functions lost under the new security rules set down by Google. If you noticed on apkpure the newer versions 10.0 and 10.1 were also available. These versions are not fully functional like 9.1.

Yes. I only used wiiwatch2 briefly on my Lem7 and almost immediately went back to WatchDroid because it is feature rich.

To me the big thing is the multiple choices you have to respond to an incoming text message. 1) With Voice (speak your response), 2) Quick Answer (you can create your own or use one of the preloaded responses, on the phone app)  3) Emoji 4) Keyboard (type in your answer) 5) Discard 6) Remove 7) Discard and Remove (removes from both devices)

It also has these features: Remote Camera: Send SMS: Uninstall apk: Command by voice: Find my phone: Flashlight: Date and Time: Information.

I have discovered that the ability to select a “contact” or access your “contact list” or make a call using the phone app has been removed from version 9.1. Not a big deal but I will look at it. You still get a call notification when a call is received on your phone and can hang up from the WatchDroid app on your watch.

UPDATE: I uninstalled version 9.1 and re-installed version 9.0. This version restored the phone features. Including the ability to select four contacts for quick call or three and your contact list, show recent calls and initiate a call on your phone. 

So if you also want the call features of WatchDroid you have to install not Version 9.1 but Version 9.0 on both devices. Here is the link: WatchDroid. Make sure you select the correct version for download.
Have a good day.

1 Like
Feb 3, 2019 14:42:17 GMT capt jon said:
Feb 3, 2019 8:06:22 GMT Tim And Pierce Collins said:

Yes. I only used wiiwatch2 briefly on my Lem7 and almost immediately went back to WatchDroid because it is feature rich.

To me the big thing is the multiple choices you have to respond to an incoming text message. 1) With Voice (speak your response), 2) Quick Answer (you can create your own or use one of the preloaded responses, on the phone app)  3) Emoji 4) Keyboard (type in your answer) 5) Discard 6) Remove 7) Discard and Remove (removes from both devices)

It also has these features: Remote Camera: Send SMS: Uninstall apk: Command by voice: Find my phone: Flashlight: Date and Time: Information.

I have discovered that the ability to select a “contact” or access your “contact list” using the phone app has been removed from version 9.1. Not a big deal but I will look at it. You still get a call notification when a call is received on your phone and can hang up from the WatchDroid app on your watch.

Thankyou very much for the detailed response . Does it work alongside universal launcher or will i have to uninstall

Thankyou

Feb 3, 2019 14:48:52 GMT Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Feb 3, 2019 14:42:17 GMT capt jon said:

I have discovered that the ability to select a “contact” or access your “contact list” using the phone app has been removed from version 9.1. Not a big deal but I will look at it. You still get a call notification when a call is received on your phone and can hang up from the WatchDroid app on your watch.

Thankyou very much for the detailed response . Does it work alongside universal launcher or will i have to uninstall

Thankyou

Check my previous post for the Update. Earlier versions did but I have not used the Universal Launcher for awhile so I can’t specifically say for the current version of WatchDroid. 

Feb 3, 2019 15:34:19 GMT capt jon said:

Thankyou

Check my previous post for the Update. Earlier versions did but I have not used the Universal Launcher for awhile so I can’t specifically say for the current version of WatchDroid. 

Okay . Thankyou for your advice

Feb 3, 2019 15:34:19 GMT capt jon said:

Thankyou

Cannot believe how good watch droid is :grin:

Got it running fine alongside universal launcher and its superb . How did i miss this ? No more wiiwatch for me

Dec 31, 2018 7:04:20 GMT RASC Moderators said:
The first of many to come is Watch Droid - read here /thread/2984/major-changes-watch-droid-app

The great app Settings Search has been removed completely

1 Like

Probably will have to stop updating universal launcher in the Google store one day… they are expecting all apps to move to 64bits, and that will be a problem I’ve not solved yet.

1 Like