Jacob & Co. Oil Pump

Jacob & Co Oil Pump6-10
Credit: Jacob & Co. Oil Pump

One of the rarest and most prized complications in watchmaking is the automaton (a moving mechanical device made in imitation of something). Animated sequences of figurines on the dial is a classic endeavor in clock-making, yet infinitely more complex in wristwatch format. The Jacob & Co. Oil Pump watch is a three-dimensional, animated depiction of an oil well with watchmaking parts.

Clockskin Download Zip File: Jacob & Co Oil Pump

In the .watch version of this watch face, the animation of the oil pump more accurately replicates the movement of the real watch, as shown in this video (1-1/2 minutes) of the watch face.

10 Likes

You are a genius… Fabulous work, I appreciate the effort you made in creating this work of art!

1 Like

Brillant work mate! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @doubledad and @G1NT0N1C ! I am not satisfied with the motion in the clockskin but it’s the best I could do. I am quite pleased with the motion in the .watch version, which was quite challenging for me, particularly the movement of the two connecting rods. Of course, it’s the challenge that motivates me!

Nice work mate :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @Dr_Andy_Vishnu!

1 Like

Hi ,

ONLY wonder how install it on the watch ? ( DM28 )

Here is model on YT video if not knowing … Hope is OK to post :

youtu (dot) be/ 3vDDrpp EIRU?si= JfbBx6WooGwzS7Vh

FIX the dot and spaces to see * include the h t t p dash dash to see

is a code . … too se … on YT …

Ciao,

/// McRoman

Hi,

HOW install on the DM 28 Watch ?

Anyone knowing…

Ciao,

/// McRoman

It works in several ways. For example, you can connect the watch to a PC using the cable. Then you can move a watch face that you have previously downloaded and unzipped into the folder called “Clockskin”. Then scroll on the watch to the end of the installed watch faces and refresh the display.

4 Likes

FYI:

This Jacob & Oil & Pump works on my DM 28 - Little “TRICKY” to install, but finally I get IT!

Ciao,

/// McRoman

1 Like

I’m glad that you managed it to make it work. :+1:
By the way: It’s no surprise that it works on your watch too. Most of the watch faces here will work for you.

1 Like