J. Auricoste, Horloger de la Marine de l'Etat

I recently saw this watch at an antique market. It is a ship’s clock that came from a French warship. There is a J. Auricoste watch on almost every ship in the French Navy. The second hourhand served to display a second time zone.

credit link: -https://www.auricoste.fr/

download: -j.auri.zip - Google Drive

promo1

promo2

promo3

13 Likes

Fantastic detail as expected G :+1: . Top job mara :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Doctor. This one was for relaxing… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

By the way: The 2nd hour hand tells me the time in Great Britain. A good friend of mine lives there…

1 Like

Really :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::+1:

1 Like

Love the stories that accompany such relics!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

A beautiful touch and a piece of art, according to your talent. Thank you, it will go to my collection, folder “G1TON1C”

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @vladimir_lutzu . I was very intrigued by this watch when I saw it. I almost bought it but annoyingly I already have over 30 wall clocks…:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Very nice @G1NT0N1C ! :+1: :+1:Being ex Navy, anything nautical appeals, but interesting to learn that J. Auricoste watches have such a close association with the French Navy! Cheers, Quelle heure est-il? :crazy_face: (What time is it? :crazy_face:) Doons

Beautiful, great work but also the original is an absolute beauty. I love old things, not paintings etc, but old mechanical devices. I habe a small collection of old mechanical calculators and a few old Teasmades, along antique compasses, an old Grammophon, old typewriters etc… That nautical clock is absolutely beautiful in its timeless and functional elegance.

1 Like

I’m glad that you like it. :slightly_smiling_face: