I've just received 3 IQI I2 Smartwatches,

Hey @Paul_Lonsdale , reading through what you said in your procedures above, I see where you disconnected the battery, but did you reconnect it after waiting a minute or so? If not, that could be part of the problem. Make sure you reconnect the battery before plugging the watch into the computer (but after, of course, you’ve done all the other stuff and hit the Download button in the SP Flash Tools. Also, wait awhile without touching anything, just in case it take a bit to get going. I’ve notices it doesn’t start right away sometimes. Might have to do with how much juice is left in the battery or something.

To be honest, the battery should make no difference. I have flashed mtk watches with no battery before.
It’s all about the pre-loader engaging when the USB connection is made.
Let me know if you still have an issue

@Paul_Lonsdale check this out
https://plus.google.com/115348728328756782496/posts/NEvq4UmuB49

Can your other watches connect to the PC?

My other watches don’t connect to the PC and simply show ‘Charger Connected’.

I assume they should come as an external storage device much like when you connect your Android phone?

For black screen issue see my update on https://plus.google.com/115348728328756782496/posts/NEvq4UmuB49

Did you try adding the drivers with out removing them, even with the exclamation mark next to them they will still work, of the drivers are in it will be the watch, I had to get a new one sent to me because of that, fking around for days with no luck connect new watch and all good.

John, some good news, The USB connectivity is now working having tried several cables. I suspect some of the ones I tried were power but not data cables.

I’m still having the problem with the screen with the faulty watchristoph but it now connects via USB as a storage device and I can navigate the folders.

Ahhh that’s good , I now have the problem where everything detects the watch even mtk tools but spflash won’t. Cannot bloody win.

@Paul_Lonsdale this is good news.
I have a meeting with IQI tomorrow to discuss the best approach for replacing these ones that have serious issues. Two of our team members have defective samples as well so I will let you know what happens. I have included your issue as one that needs addressing as well.
Cheers

I have the same issue, in terms of the display. If I hold the button down long enough the watch display appears for a second. Then it goes back to the dark display. This happened a few times recently and usually if I connected the watch to my PC for long enough I could get the display back. This time…not so much.

So far I’ve tried plugging the watch into the USB charger, holding the button down for 10 seconds or more, guessing the tap sequence to blindly reboot the phone (i.e. - holding the button down, then tapping the screen where the various options would appear for rebooting the phone), etc.

Maybe I’ll wait until the battery dies so that will power the watch off. It’s a shame, since I finally figured out how to display the native apps in 320x320 square mode so all of the elements are accessible. Just needed to figure out how to force the Yammer app to pop-up new private message notifications. Then the display has quirked out :-/

@Greg_Kujawa have you contacted @Iqi_SmartWatch ? Where did you purchase the watch? Is it running completely standard firmware? And lastly - could you have installed something just recently to have caused this?

Purchased via Alibaba awhile back. It works fine now in terms of the display. Just let the battery die, plugged it into the USB charged linked to my computer, and we are off and running again. Really flaky, since I didn’t manually reseat the display connecctors or anything…

…also forgot to mention that it’s running the 07-20 firmware installed via OTA. Nothing non-stock really. Just installed Yammer and Freedompop apps off the Play Store