I've been contacted some months ago to help on a new project

I’ve been contacted some months ago to help on a new project. It’s a watch for kids that will use my animated watch wallpaper. The watch will help parent and children, ease communication and child safety. The watch is not ready yet but a first information campaign has been launched. I don’t know much, but if like me you’re interested, more informations can be found here :

6dd92949f6bfa6b56df7e1803e5625f2.jpeg

2 Likes

I received an update on this project. The project is well advanced but there’s still money issues. A kickstarter page has been opened and if all goes well the first watches could be produced in this summer.

Here is the Kickstarter page :

Don’t hesitate to comment on this project, that would be interesting.

7 Likes

Nice concept.

RK

This looks fantastic

i have questions
the watch looks quite large on a childs wrist which most other smart watches do also what makes this watch different than any other $100 plus smart watch already on the market ?
is the operating system a crippled version of android ?
there are programs already available for example mobile children tracker which allows all sorts of customisation to restrict what can and cannot be done on a phone / android smartwatch and on first looks at the watch mobile children tracker seems more comprehensive

the watch does look great but i have some reservations on the size and capabilities
here in the UK i think an ideal time to give a child a phone is when they start secondary school to keep in touch if needed but phones are not permitted to be used within school time although most children do take them to school and do use them within breaks dinner break etc
unfortunately smart watches are more or less banned at school or should i say they are banned at the schools my children have / do attend
because of this i think the smart watch for children has limited appeal and phones are much more desirable but i do hope this venture succeeds, the more popular smart watches become places like schools might just allow them to be used rather than banning them outright

I can answer on this. This watch comes with an Android layer that ease all the child communication inside tweaked or specialized apps. It’s a Plug&Play.
Note that all our watches comes with also an Android Layer to adapt Android to our small screens, but it doesn’t offer this simplified environnement adapted to childs…

4 Likes

Hi @cosmicma,

I am the creator of this watch. Glad to meet you here. :slight_smile:

Regarding the size - we heard several parents mentioned it too. But no child complained about it at all. I think adults and children have very different logic about size. For children, this size is good to show off to their friends. And actually, it’s the best size in our experiments - it’s not too large, but it’s not too small that you can’t see any words on the screen.

This watch is the first smartwatch specifically designed for tweens (above 8 years old) - Older kids do not like location tracking. But they like to share their lives.
So we focus on safe social sharing. To be more specific, we’ve created Fennec Messenger. It’s a safe network for kids & families. And this watch is part of our ecosystem of the safe social network. (kids can use either a phone or a Fennec Watch to join the network)

About mobile children tracker apps on smartphones - Some people think it’s good, but some people do not like its complexity - the latter are usually mothers, and they just simply don’t want their child to have a smartphone.

Actually, you can treat it as a children’s wearable instead of a tool for managing children’s activities. All of the kids who tried our watch fell in love with it so we are very confident that kids will love it. Then reducing screen time/location tracking become side benefits.

About the smartwatch ban - some of the kids who tried our watch did not wear it in the class too. They brought it to the school, used it during the break, and wore it after school. It’s stylish so they love wearing it. By the way, the watch has a school mode, under which many features are disabled.

6 Likes