Is there anyway to report a bug for zeblaze thor ?

There is a bug related to Bluetooth,  It’s very annoying, but I cannot find any contact information on zeblaze website.

Could you share info on that bug here? Firmware for this watches is made by Weitetech so it’s more than likely that this bug is shared amongst more watch brands like Lemfo Les1 IQI i3/4 and KW88
It’s possible to flash firmware from other watches to you Thor. For example since yesterday I’ve got I4 firmware on my KW88 (but as always flashing is potentially dangerous It may eat your cat or chew your fish etc )

i have two issues:

I cannot connect to my smartphone with bluetooth. It´s meh since i would like to bluetooth tether internet with my phone…

the phone shuts down, battery indicator seems not correct. Phone runs fine for a day, battery indicator is, let´s say 80%. After shutdown the battery shows 0-1%. That´s really annoying.

when I use some app to play podcast or music with app built-in player through Bluetooth, it will stop after 10 or 20 minutes, but have no problem if I force app to use system built-in player.