Is the International FAW firmware stable ? Kospet Optimus 2

No, not yet. But I will give him access, too…

1 Like

Here is a summary of my experience with FAW-OPTIMUS2-V1.3-RC1…

But, before that, thank you so much @pablo11 and @G1NT0N1C for the great work on this firmware and making it available for interested people. Appreciate it much ! It is really a great piece of work and reflects all hardwork and the huge amount of time you have spent in shaping it and making it stable…

My Optimus 2 was in v1.8 stock firmware. So I had to use flashtool to go back to version 1.7 or lesser, I could not locate v1.5 or v1.6 or v1.7 but I could find v1.4 and flashed it.

While device was on stock v1.8, I was able to use magisk and root the device and retain TWRP recovery. I also took TWRP back up of the device in this state before flashing stock v1.4.

v1.8 stock ROM had several usability issues, mostly, difficulty in clicking certain controls on the screen specially when those controls were on the corners and I could not navigate in file browser at all… on top of that battery was performing poor compared to FAW.

While flashing v1.4, I unchecked preloader (Not sure I was right or not but didn’t want to lose my IMEI/Serial Number/Mac Address etc and didn’t want to brick)
then Copied the FAW ROM to phone internal storage and updated through Apply update from local storage.

That went through well and device came up nice…

I did try flashing lk partition to get rid of message that appears in bootloader during startup but screen greyed out during the boot and device did not complete boot.

Though Pablo said TWRP which worked on stock ROM will not work here on FAW, just out of curiosity I flashed twrp recovery.img using fastboot and that also resulted in screen graying out. So force switched off device and went back to v1.4 stock and reapplied FAW.

FAW over all experience is way better than stock FW 1.8. Like others said I would not go back to stock FW…

Battery life is way better in FAW. I do not need to keep switching between 4G mode and sports mode for better battery life… several restrictions with stock firmware related to device certification/security is not not seen in FAW, I could install Google Pay and complete the setup… but can not perform any transaction because the screen which appears for entering OTP for the transaction has a inline/on screen keyboard as part of web page itself which does not render in small watch screen.

Hope @pablo11 's vision to take this FAW firmware ahead will succeed and looking forward for next release supporting android 14. Thank you @none !

( I could not compare 4G mobile internet speed after FAW but did notice 4G way slower in stock v1.4 on Optimus 2 than my samsung phone )