Is selling allowed in this community?

Is selling allowed in this community? I’m selling my Kingwear KW88 as I have not been using it. Please advise if it’s not allowed. Thanks!

Should be ok. I’ve seen it on here before - just ask people to email you or contact you…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Thanks! Guys anyone interested please contact me.

I’d be interested in a FAW buy/sell section of this community. What do admins think?

I need outdoor visibility and love my e-ink pebble but want a FAW. There have been several transflective daylight readables (KronosBlade Genesis, Thor Pro, Bakeey I3). I keep searching ebay and other sites but find it challenging to find FAW’s. A buy/sell would make this easier.

1 Like

We moderators have already discussed a sales section. Our concern is that if someone is not satisfied after purchase, there may be dispute.
So if we set up such a section, it must be clear to everyone involved that we as moderators cannot and will not help with disputes.
However, it has not yet been finally decided.

3 Likes

Totally agree @G1NT0N1C ! There is nothing specifically wrong with having a “Sales” section provided that ALL members realize that the final responsibility for anything they buy is theirs…and the Sellers alone! Obviously the Forum Moderators cannot and should not be called in if any dispute arises. But yes G1N it isn’t something that should be lightly entered into without a good deal of thought! :+1: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

:+1:
I looked for a way to message a forum member privately but didnt find it.
Does that exist?
Also, it would be nice if a moderator could block future posts from a particular user from a particular thread.

If the site has a private message, perhaps an easy rule would be “only the initial listing and sold messages are put in sales”. So I could post because I wanted to sell, then only I could post with “I sold it”. All other messages would be through private direct messages.

I think if something like that was possible, it would stay clean, be easy to manage, and all the work would be on the seller. Having lots of “I want it”, “no I dont” spamming the forum could get ugly.

(Im new here…and have too much time on my hands…just ideas… :slight_smile: )

Of course you can PM a member. To do this, simply tap on the user’s avatar image.
I don’t see the need to block certain users’ posts. each post can be reported if there are problems with it.

1 Like

To do so, the simple way is to lock the thread after the post of the seller. It will be clean.

2 Likes