Is it possible to install WearOS on KW99?

I am getting one of these KW99 and hoping to see any possibilities of “porting” or installing WearOS replacing the stock Android 5.1.

Sept 24, 2018 13:54:20 GMT 1 ronjunsayticking said:
I am getting one of these KW99 and hoping to see any possibilities of "porting" or installing WearOS replacing the stock Android 5.1.

I think no… if you need WearOS, then buy Watch with WearOS… is like buy normal car and need transform it to kart :wink:

Thank you. I guess you don’t understand. The default rom eats a lot of battery, I’m trying to find an alternative to not charge the watch twice a day or the likes. And besides, google is now focusing on the WearOs development, not the android watches. I ordered this watch without knowing the difference between the two OS.

Oct 10, 2018 9:56:23 GMT 1 ronjunsayticking said:
Thank you. I guess you don't understand. The default rom eats a lot of battery, I'm trying to find an alternative to not charge the watch twice a day or the likes. And besides, google is now focusing on the WearOs development, not the android watches. I ordered this watch without knowing the difference between the two OS.

'which watch do you have? google will never support full android watches that is why the OS on them are custom and not google afficial releases for them.
Sept 24, 2018 13:54:20 GMT 1 ronjunsayticking said:
I am getting one of these KW99 and hoping to see any possibilities of "porting" or installing WearOS replacing the stock Android 5.1.

root

use greenify and xposed to shut down everything possible

get a day or even up to 4 (without data just as watch)

anyhow, if you search for battery life, wear will not give you hat much more. it is more about the model of watch, that you choose.

most of the watches i know (around ~400mAh wear/android/even other), will give you with heavy use only a half day.

take a watch with over 550mAh and you will get at least one full day, with heavy texting/messaging emails, bt audio tethering etc.

my experiences i can give you:

wear          = LG Urbane 2 (has a nano sim 4g lte / bt calling / gps / nfc / altimeter / battery is here at 570mAh)

full android = Ferace 3 in general the same spec as the LG, but battery is even bigger 585mAh

there are more listed below, but i have to say, that these not really smartwatches, but just smart fitness trackers:

other        = I use currently a lot of the Huami products (Amazfit Stratos 2 = 7 - 10 days battery life / Amazfit BIP = 30 days battery life)

you might also try Garmin (I’m thinking currently about the Forerunner 645 Music, its a nice one)