Ips vs Amoled I am dissapointed

As some of you know I got back with a new watch the lemfo Len 12 pro. Previous I owned the h2 from microwear which fell apart within 6 month because of corrosion, I loved this watch and it had an amoled display to work with. All my watchfaces were so vibrant, saturated with colours and clear on it. So it was quite a shock seeing them bleached out and not as vibrant and in depth coloration on my new Lemfo. Someone wrote, yeah they would be too expensive if build with amoled screens, but they weren’t in the past… so what do you think paying 30-40$ would be worthy to pay more if they would get an amoled display. I definitely would pay the higher price. Or does it have to do with power usage where there’s a bigger drain on the battery because of amoled? Do you think they will come back? At least I don’t have any backlight bleeding like I 've seen on one here in the forum. Cheers

1 Like

The problem is not the price, but the availability in larger quantities. The second problem is the size, it is no more than 1.39 inches. And this has turned out to be too small for a full android watch with all the functions of a smartphone.

2 Likes

Hi ok but if they already managed to make a 1.39 screen I bet they could do with 1.6 as well. Where’s a will there’s a way, as I say ^^ I guess I need to get used to ips then. Cheers

1 Like

The factories that make these watches don’t make components - they buy what is available in the Chinese market and assemble it. If there will ever be larger, round OLED displays, we can hope again … I’m a big OLED fan too.

7 Likes

Hey, what is the latest Full Android Watch with AMOLED screen?

Hi . There isnt . But you can go backwards to older android 7.1.1 watches like the original kospet optimus

1 Like

Well… Then no AMOLED with A10 or A9?

You beat me. The Kospet optimus 1 is what I was thinking about.:grinning::+1:

2 Likes

No, A7 only.

1 Like

Do you know if any perspective for a10 amoled faw? I was out from faws for some time :wink:

Not as we know it yet

2 Likes

No, no way. Sorry.

2 Likes

Ok thank you guys

1 Like

btw, do you know any source where I could buy Optimus Pro now? In 3/32 variant