Instruction to change battery in Zeblaze Thor

Do any have a link to show how to change the battery or take apart the watch.?

I have a Zeblaze Thor only two month and now 100% dead.

Begin to rebooting and also re installing all apps may times. Also when near full charge and with the newest firmware.

Then I make a factory reset but still after that time to time makes reboot and re installing all.

From new I also had trouble to recharge sometimes. Now when dead I open and see the + connector is corroded inside

Maybe whole problem are charging control or firmware with overcharging and maybe the battery also too bad quality.

When charging now the watch only get hot and 100% dead.

In generally I’m very disappointed with this Androide watch. Can only use as normal telephone and little BT if want to use all day without extra charting. Better wait to get a Androide smart watch when solid-state batt. tech are available.

Dec 19, 2017 4:44:07 GMT 1 gamba said:

Dec 19, 2017 4:44:07 GMT 1 gamba said:
Do any have a link to show how to change the battery or take apart the watch.?

I have a Zeblaze Thor only two month and now 100% dead.

Begin to rebooting and also re installing all apps may times. Also when near full charge and with the newest firmware.

Then I make a factory reset but still after that time to time makes reboot and re installing all.

From new I also had trouble to recharge sometimes. Now when dead I open and see the + connector is corroded inside

Maybe whole problem are charging control or firmware with overcharging and maybe the battery also too bad quality.

When charging now the watch only get hot and 100% dead.

In generally I’m very disappointed with this Androide watch. Can only use as normal telephone and little BT if want to use all day without extra charting. Better wait to get a Androide smart watch when solid-state batt. tech are available.

You said that you see the + connector is corroded in the watch. This could be the cause of your charging issues, especially the watch getting hot while charging. The charge circuit will increase current flow to the battery to try and overcome the increased resistance of the bad connection. This increased current flow above what is normally required will cause additional heat and maybe a fire, if it got hot enough. It also could be preventing the battery from getting the proper voltage applied to it to complete the charge. Changing the battery is not going to fix any of your problems unless you address the real problem.

If it was my watch I would clean the corrosion from the terminal and apply a bit of contact protector to it to try and prevent further corrosion. I would also try and find how the moisture got into the watch. Living on a boat and surrounded by salt air you deal with these corrosion issues on a regular basis. I sometimes find a light coating of grease applied to the terminals helps me stay on top of it. In your situation a conductive type coating would work best since you are dealing with low voltage.

Thanks very much for your response and video links.
The battery are getting hot when charging and only holds 3,24 volt. Seems the battery are defect after only 2 month use. Now the big question.
Where to get a new battery ?. I don’t see any sale on Ebay or Aliexpress so I must try Zeblaze if they want to help.

Dec 27, 2017 12:21:12 GMT 1 gamba said:
Thanks very much for your response and video links. The battery are getting hot when charging and only holds 3,24 volt. Seems the battery are defect after only 2 month use. Now the big question. Where to get a new battery ?. I don't see any sale on Ebay or Aliexpress so I must try Zeblaze if they want to help.

KW88 battery is same as the battery for Zeblaze.

www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-original-kw88-smartwatch-smart-watch-phonewatch-saat-rechargeable-replacement-3-8v-charging-clock-watch/32821098752.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.2.97d5356DWGKCt&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_1_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=2fd98255-daa9-4a14-ae6e-e9fdbf58a3de&tpp=1

Dec 27, 2017 21:59:30 GMT 1 trener said:
Dec 27, 2017 12:21:12 GMT 1 gamba said:
Thanks very much for your response and video links. The battery are getting hot when charging and only holds 3,24 volt. Seems the battery are defect after only 2 month use. Now the big question. Where to get a new battery ?. I don't see any sale on Ebay or Aliexpress so I must try Zeblaze if they want to help.

www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-original-kw88-smartwatch-smart-watch-phonewatch-saat-rechargeable-replacement-3-8v-charging-clock-watch/32821098752.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.2.97d5356DWGKCt&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_1_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=2fd98255-daa9-4a14-ae6e-e9fdbf58a3de&tpp=1

YES. Looks very same.

Thanks for your help.

I get answer from Zeblaze service or should I call “Zeblaze NO service”.

Hi, dear friend, have a nice day!
The battery is non-detachable.
We do not have extra battery.
service@zeblaze.com

Seems they have no idea what they are making or selling.

Dec 28, 2017 12:27:34 GMT 1 gamba said:

it is because they are not the manufacturer and they are'nt allowed to sell them. it is better to look for on alibaba. maybe seb84 can help:)
Dec 28, 2017 12:27:34 GMT 1 gamba said:

YES. Looks very same.

Thanks for your help.

I get answer from Zeblaze service or should I call “Zeblaze NO service”.

Hi, dear friend, have a nice day!
The battery is non-detachable.
We do not have extra battery.
service@zeblaze.com

Seems they have no idea what they are making or selling.

If the battery in the link is the right one, buy it and everything else, you can always reach me on pm for any help inquiries. Also you can look in the lem 5 thread, for pictures of opnening and removing the battery in my watch *they are all not that different. Just search for "battery project" in the forum.

If the connector is corroded, you might get also a new backplate or apply soem soldering to the connectors. After that you cans till seal it like captain describes.

Sorry was long time offline, moved my house back to Kan from BKK and still have no internet at home…