Install the KW88 firmware to the IQ I2

I know to difference company and the only thing is the display
Resolution, everything else is the same, it’s possible to do it.
Thanks

Mar 13, 2017 16:16:53 GMT 1 leafar said:
I know to difference company and the only thing is the display Resolution, everything else is the same, it's possible to do it. Thanks

i'll check and notify here.

Mar 13, 2017 19:10:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Mar 13, 2017 16:16:53 GMT 1 leafar said:
I know to difference company and the only thing is the display
Resolution, everything else is the same, it’s possible to do it.
Thanks

i’ll check and notify here.

Thanks

No, it’s not possible.
Kw88 and I2 have different display technology, AMOLEd vs IPS LCD, that means different controller and so they require different kernel drivers.

Mar 13, 2017 19:37:55 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
No, it's not possible. Kw88 and I2 have different display technology, AMOLEd vs IPS LCD, that means different controller and so they require different kernel drivers.

you are right i forget about that

Its possible, you just have to port the Kernel. I also had the KW88 Rom on my Q1
use these steps from this site: forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/general/guide-how-to-make-custom-rom-infinix-t3383825 :

Alternatively, you can simply follow these steps (only if Port ROM comes in SPFT format).
  1. Extract both ROMs
  2. Port Kernel using the guide below
  3. Open SPFT, load the scatter file of your Stock ROM.
  4. Uncheck everything. Click on boot column and load the ported kernel from step 2.
  5. Click on system column and select system.img of the Port ROM
    Flash your device with these two files.
    !!! WARNING !!!
    NEVER USE ANOTHER DEVICE’S SCATTER FILE.
    THIS METHOD IS KNOWN TO EASILY CORRUPT SYSTEM PARTITION. YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY FORMAT IT IN RECOVERY IF THAT HAPPENS.

A- Porting kernel:

1. Download Carliv Image Kitchen from this thread Extract it somewhere
  2. Copy Stock boot.img to the extracted Carliv Image Kitchen/boot-ressources. Rename it to BootS.img
  3. Move (yes, move) boot.img of Port ROM to Carliv Image Kitchen/boot-ressources. Rename it to BootP.img
  4. Double click “Carliv.bat” and follow steps to extract both img files.
  5. Now, open BootS folder, copy all the 9 files (not the ramdisk folder). Paste them in BootP folder. Replace when prompted.
  6. Go back to Carliv Image Kitchen CMD window, make sure that BootP.img is selected. Now press “2” to repack the kernel.
  7. When done, go to Carliv Image Kitchen/Output and copy the repacked boot.img (should be named boot_201x_xxx.img). Paste it in the Port ROM folder.
  8. Copy the META-INF folder from “Extract_System.rar” archive. Paste it in Port ROM folder so that you have META-INF, system and boot.img.
  9. Select all the files and zip them. Copy them to your Hot 2. Boot to recovery. Wipe data and factory reset. Click advanced wipe and select cache, dalvik-cache, system and slide to wipe. Go back and select your created ROM. Install!
  10. Congratulations! You just ported a ROM to your Hot 2 I2

My question is, why would you want to?
The I2 FW is better.
Also screen resolution is different.