Imperium W812a ROM v1.2.0 Support Thread

THIS ROM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Support Thread for the Imperium W812a ROM v1.2.0

Imperium W812a ROM v1.2.0 Release thread link

Got a question about the ROM or need some help, post your questions here

Dear Lokifish Marz,

have a No.1 D5 and I would like to try mentioned Imperium firmware.
But I have some trouble to follow your description:

TWRP Install

Download W812a v1.2.0 and extract it --> done

Copy the TWRP folder and jbakKeyboard folder to SD --> done

Reboot into TWRP --> question: which tool/app should I use?

Wipe --> as I know from former firmware updates on my old China tablet:
I need to use volume up/down keys to navigate through recovery menue. But my D5 watch has just an on/off button

Restore “W812a v1.2.0 prerelease” backup --> same as mentioned: how to navigate through recovery backup?

Reboot --> …

Appreciate a short advice.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Hein

Reboot into TWRP can be done using MTK Droidtools. As far as navigating recovery, TWRP is touch based. So all you have to do to navigate TWRP is touch the screen.

Hi Lokifish Marz,

Firstly, I made backup of existing stock ROM, then wiped all and tried restoring IMPERIUM W812a ROM v1.2.0 as mentioned from SD.

On two attempts I couldn’t locate the backup files/folder except the folder of recently backed up stock ROM. Just puzzling… Does it has anything to do with recovery settings etc? Thanks.

Hello Lokifish Marz,

I would like to change backgrounds clock widgets (music, health, weather) since they are of a very light color and the texts are not well appreciated.
Is this possible to do?
thanks and regards

Sept 12, 2016 12:44:25 GMT 1 bakaq said:
Hi Lokifish Marz,

Firstly, I made backup of existing stock ROM, then wiped all and tried restoring IMPERIUM W812a ROM v1.2.0 as mentioned from SD.

On two attempts I couldn’t locate the backup files/folder except the folder of recently backed up stock ROM. Just puzzling… Does it has anything to do with recovery settings etc? Thanks.

In the TWRP “backups” folder on the watch there’s a naming mismatch of the folder the ROM is in. So your backup may be in folder “000000…” while the ROM is in folder “abdce…” (or something like that). Just copy the contents of the folder the ROM is in to the other folder.

If you give me a day or two I’ll put together a guide that makes a bit more sense.

Sept 15, 2016 5:30:14 GMT 1 periquin07 said:
Hello Lokifish Marz,

I would like to change backgrounds clock widgets (music, health, weather) since they are of a very light color and the texts are not well appreciated.
Is this possible to do?
thanks and regards

You have to edit files inside of the apks to do it. At some point I need to write a guide on this as I did a long time ago but can’t remember how off the top of my head.

Sept 15, 2016 6:03:45 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Sept 12, 2016 12:44:25 GMT 1 bakaq said:
Hi Lokifish Marz,

In the TWRP “backups” folder on the watch there’s a naming mismatch of the folder the ROM is in. So your backup may be in folder “000000…” while the ROM is in folder “abdce…” (or something like that). Just copy the contents of the folder the ROM is in to the other folder.

If you give me a day or two I’ll put together a guide that makes a bit more sense.

Ok understood and done successfully.  Thanks very much.

Sept 15, 2016 5:30:14 GMT 1 periquin07 said:

Dear Lokifish Marz,

thanks for your answer. Was able to install TWRP as well as rooting my device (D5).
So far, so good. Also entering recovery mode via MTK is working.
But following your procedure “… Restore “W812a v1.2.0 prerelease” backup…” I don´t see any file, screen is empty.
The internal_SD is marked, but no file/folder visible.
But if I use “advanced” and “file manager” in TWRP, I see the full directory incl. W812a… backup directory.
Any clue?

Appreciate a short reply.

Many thanks.

Hein

Dear Lokifish Marz,

is this ROM also for the No.1 D5+ ?

Best regards
Thomas

Sept 28, 2016 17:41:50 GMT 1 thomassc said:
Dear Lokifish Marz,

Best regards
Thomas

Let me check . . .

Sept 9, 2016 22:32:54 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Watches Supported D5, K9, X1, X3, Atenea

Nope

Will you make a ROM for the No.1 D5+ ?

Thanks.

Sept 29, 2016 0:34:19 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Sept 28, 2016 17:41:50 GMT 1 thomassc said:
Dear Lokifish Marz,

Best regards
Thomas

Let me check . . .

Sept 9, 2016 22:32:54 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Watches Supported D5, K9, X1, X3, Atenea

Nope

waheyyy banter!

Can you provide a flashable zip for twrp? I may have been a bit silly and moved my nand off phone rather than copy it and now I am having same issue as above but hadn’t seen this until now

EDIT:

I Can not boot in to recovery again even, I need to know what I can do??    

EDIT 2 :

Well, I think I sorted that issue out, I had moved my TWRP nand off of SD and copied the prerelease twrp folder - without checking folder names issue.

I have then flashed " w812a_kk.x1.common.72kk.emmc.160414-122116 " found on G+ at HERE using the SPTools provided in the Core Tools & Root Kit V2 After SEVERAL issues with dock & drivers - one minute it’s flashing, next it disconnects and device not recognised !

Got it back on now using above files, now to re-do Rooting The Proper Way, Flash recovery and then to try the prelease again!

Lokifish! I have a K9 with your first version (V.1.1.0)

does it worth to update to this version? I mean… it works pretty well and, apparently (a part from the battery drain under DATA) I have not bugs…

is rom is working with X3 plus ?

Hi Lokifish, i’m also interessed in knowing if this rom can be used on the X3+. Please let us know.

Oct 11, 2016 9:21:46 GMT 1 abuwdeaa said:
is rom is working with X3 plus ?

no. it wo'nt.
Nov 7, 2016 1:53:57 GMT 1 miroul said:
Hi Lokifish, i'm also interessed in knowing if this rom can be used on the X3+. Please let us know.

no.

Thanks Sonia

Hi. This rom it’s forma Finow Q3?