I'm not sure if this is known or not,

I’m not sure if this is known or not, but no.1 has released the source code for kitkat and lollipop kernels for Mediatek Processors. This could lead to some very interesting mods for these smart watches.
You’ll have to join the group on facebook to find the code, but the link is right here

Here is the direct link for anyone not wanting to join the group https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/mediatek/

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

This is not the source code released by No. 1. It’s the generic mediatek kernel source and you wouldn’t be able to compile kernel for the watches from this

No1 do not have the source code.
Yes it is generic but the code was probably started here. We will probably never get our hands on the code for the watch kernels themselves - they are like hidden treasure - closely guarded.
You only have to mention the kernel to the watch OMDs and you can hear invisible doors starting to slam shut :slight_smile:

Really? Guess I was heavily misinformed then. I was told these were released by No.1 themselves and that it does include generic kernels for the mtk6580 and mtk6572.

@Inceptual_Games well that’s really interesting news to me. I heard that this was just the generic release - I read about it on the china-phones forums. But I will pull it down and inspect it again. Thanks.

Just been through it again briefly and it’s the same generic stuff I had heard about previously. Maybe I’m missing something ?