I still can't get a lock on any GPS satellites.

I still can’t get a lock on any GPS satellites. Is there a diagnostic that will show me if there is a problem with the hardware?

I have updated to the latest firmware and still nothing. Location will work with Wifi but I can’t seem to get a fixed GPS or even a A-GPS fix.

Really hoping someone can give me some help on this. At this stage I’ve gone as far as I can.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve tried GPS fixer. Is there any root access apps that might do a better job?

@Lokifish_Marz Would you mind directing my to the ‘how to root’ guide for the X5 please.

@Lokifish_Marz I found your root guide but don’t want to try on the X5 until you confirm it is ok. Thanks

same here, i rooted the device the installed mtk epo gps fixer . then went on street enabled wifi and got a fix in 5 min ,gps signal is low i never get lock inside house , in street no prob

It is not a MTK problem, it is a poor antenna quality. The best actual watchphone GPS built in is the Omate Truesmart, because it have a ceramic antenna, very good quality so fix is fast and accurate.

I had a truesmart and I confirm : also fix gps issues

Sounds like root is the only option. Can someone please point me to the guide for the x5 please. I really want to get gps working for the weekend if I can. Thanks in advance!!

before going to root , i would recommend the go out on street with wifi on and try to stand 5 min with gps test software and check if gps is finding any sat , if it is the case then u have to wait until u get full lock , it is long process , (at least the first time) . i would add the gps reception is pretty poor with this watch even in street with clear day it barely find 4-5 sat to make a lock and it take few min , bellow is link i used to root :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66475444&postcount=219