How to root a smartwatch?

You should be able to use usb to connect watch to pc, have you made,sure that drivers,are installed? I use an app to transfer stuff from the pc to watch but sometimes it easier just to comnect the wafch.

1 Like

@Claudio_Alejandro
Seriously, it is only really possible to use magisk systemless root and it is not worth the effort in our opinion.
Unless you have a specific need - don’t bother.
If you make any changes to the images, your watch will not boot due to the signatures, DM-VERITY and VB META data.

These are the security measures put in place since A8 and above.
If you have the need for this you can visit the XDA development website and have a look.

We don’t discuss it here because too many watches have been destroyed by unfortunate mistakes.

2 Likes

Yes Sonia, drivers are installed and the PC recognizes the internal storage’s watch when I connect him, even I can see the internal folders, but when I made a cut/copy & paste from PC to watch, nothing happens. Doesn’t copy anything to him.
Even I tried with file commander and didn’t let me either. It’s like the internal’s space watch were somehow protected against copy. And using of watch’s file manager to do all of these things it’s really bored…
I’ll see if the same problem occurs with my new and second LEMP within one or two days when it arrives to me.

Thanks Pablo, yes man I don’t wanna try to mess with those things even. Doesn’t even matters to me really.

1 Like

Yep, better safe than very sorry :+1:

1 Like

Justvto be sure, you try to copy zip folders or the folders inside the zip to clockskin folder ? Try clockskin transfer app to move and it is a great and fast app you dont even have to extract the zip file. Put all clockskin faces in zip folder and transfer them with the app.

1 Like

Have you installed the drivers for the unisoc chipset?
I’m guessing that you are using Windows 10 or 11?
The other thing is to go to the device manager on your PC and change the driver type (for the watch USB connection) to MTP.
The other thing to check is in watch settings there is an option for USB connection type. You should check it is set to file transfer.

It works perfectly fine on my LEM P.

Drivers should be available in the LEM P or Prime S support threads.

2 Likes

Forget all about it, the guy’s working fine now. Don’t know if it started work fine after last factory’s reset I did him or what but now works like he should do it.
Anyway, it’s a damaged unit as I explained before, I’m waiting my second LEMP wich will arrive to me within one or two days more.
Thanks to all!!

2 Likes