How to create a digital second for stocklauncher

DigitalSecondStocklauncher

I am not sure if anyone is interested. Most of the face engines on Android 7 and higher can also display the second hand with “digital movement”. That is, the second hand jumps forward in steps of one second. All you have to do is open the clockskin xml, then add a line:

smrun

Download this ugly testface:-DigitalSecondStocklauncher.zip - Google Drive

Have fun!

By the way: watchfacedesigner can’t handle it. It will run on your watch only.

10 Likes

Very useful Information! Thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome, @Jurgen_Oberst !:grin:

Is there a way to change the image at each second, so that the shadow is correct with the virtual light source?

Of course. I did this in the testface. All you need is a 2nd layer for the shaddow. The center of the shaddow layer is then shifted by 4px on the x axis and on the y axis.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @G1NT0N1C , I will test it later.

1 Like

It’s very easy. Subsequent editing of existing watchfaces is also done quickly. Some watchfaces look better with this type of second hand.

1 Like

Super :+1::+1:
Thank You :+1::wink::+1:

1 Like

Annoyingly, there are some new functions that are not integrated in the WatchFaceDesinger. So like this one. the only way to use it is to add it manually.

2 Likes

Nice tip, thank you very much. I am working with WFD in the last beta version and have to make changes in the xml file anyway, f. e. battery hands. I will test it in the next work.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what it is. A beta version. I really hope Marco is well and will be back some time…:pensive:

4 Likes

Great post mate :+1::handshake:
Thankyou

2 Likes

I have tested this function on my Genesis and it works ok. But there are limitations:

1. if you make the change for one second hand, then it applies to all other second hands as well. It is not possible ( or I do not know how ) to have a digital second hand and another smooth one (with a different Auto Rotation Multiplier f.e. ).
  2. If you make this change in the xml file, it is not possible to use a picture with Auto Rotaton Balance Wheel in the right way. There is no smooth balancing any more, You can only see the left and right deflection every second.

Yes, that’s right.

1 Like

Will this work with android 4.4.2? On my watch Finow x5 - it does not work.
smoothRun

No, it won’t work. It needs 7.1 or higher. But I noticed a tipo. You have tipe “false” instead of “fals”

1 Like

Thanks. I have corrected the error. However, it still doesn’t work. It’s a pity.

it might be the order …
Seconds working … and looks like this …

<drawable>
    <rotate>3</rotate>
    <direction>1</direction>
    <mulrotate>1</mulrotate>
    <smoothRun>false</smoothRun>
    <name>image7.png</name>   <  Sec hand pic
</drawable>

I think it only works for the second hand …
I have tried on the hour and min does not seem to work.

In fact, the order doesn’t seem to matter. The refresh rate of the whole watchface is reduced to 1 per second.

2 Likes

With android 4.4.2 on my watch Finow x5 - it does not work. I’ve come to terms with it

1 Like