How To Change Long Press DelayTo Change Watch Face (no root)

How to change long press delay to change watch face from 2 seconds to 7 seconds or more

As with all system preferences on your device, there’s a table of values that you can access to manually change the settings on your phone via a command line. We want to edit the long_press_timeout preference

When you change this value through the “touch and hold delay” dialog in Accessibility settings, it can hold a value of 500, 1,000, and 1,500 milliseconds which corresponds with short, medium, and long respectively. However, we can manually set out own timeout value from the command line.

In order to edit this setting, you will need to have ADB set up on your computer. First, download the ADB binary straight from Google for your particular OS and extract it to a separate directory on your computer. You will need to enable Developer options by going to Settings –> About Phone then tapping on Build number 7 times. Then, enable “USB Debugging” in Settings –> Developer Options. Finally, ensure that ADB is working by starting a command prompt in the same directory as the ADB binary (right-click –> “open command prompt here”) (Or open power shell here) and run the following command:

adb devices

If you see your device’s serial number (and it doesn’t say unauthorized), you’re golden. If you see a pop-up on your watch asking you to grant your computer ADB access, then say yes. If you don’t see either happen, then try rebooting your computer/phone and re-plugging it into your computer. Otherwise, try re-installing the driver.

Once ADB is set-up, it’s time to modify the setting. All you have to do is enter a single command as follows:

adb shell settings put secure long_press_timeout integer

where “integer” is the long press delay in milliseconds ( do not enter any units in the command)

After entering the command, you will need to reboot for it to take effect. I set mine to 9000 (9 Seconds) as I and little cousins always like to play around with lemfos 1.0 firmware fluid gesture watch face. And they have 9 seconds till it asks if they want to change the watch face. And I never use long press on anything else on the watch.

3 Likes

Now I want to figure out how to remove the swipe up and swipe down functions when you are on the watch face as these are totally useless with the apps I have in my gdrive posted above somewhere.