How did YOU get the GPS working on your Lem5? (ONLY Lem5)

Can you tell me, step by step, how YOU got the GPS working on your Lem5? Not a link to a guide, I’ve tried many. I want your words.

Oct 24, 2017 17:43:23 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
Can you tell me, step by step, how YOU got the GPS working on your Lem5? Not a link to a guide, I've tried many. I want your words.

you have gps problems?

Oct 24, 2017 19:32:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 24, 2017 17:43:23 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
Can you tell me, step by step, how YOU got the GPS working on your Lem5? Not a link to a guide, I’ve tried many. I want your words.

you have gps problems?

Absolutely.

Oct 24, 2017 20:14:21 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

try and see if the gps works fine when you are not wearing the watch.

Oct 25, 2017 7:15:12 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 24, 2017 20:14:21 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

Ok, I will try that. How do you suggest I try that best?

Oct 25, 2017 7:33:25 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

it is better to check if you have signal when you are’nt wearing it just to see if the problem is the straps themselves. if so that is a big problem. i’m checking on my S1 with google map to see if i have issues, with activity tracking apps i do’nt so i want to check…

Oct 25, 2017 7:33:25 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

it should wor right from stand.
please try this:

go outside (nor roofs, trees etc.)
try first to get a lock with google maps.

if it fails:

please try this app: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

or a similar one (there are many on playstore), and tell us if you see any satellites at all. if yes run the fix in the app.

if google maps is successful, go back to the app you used before and try again.

give us your results until here.

I’ve tried and tried and tried. I get ONE satellite at most, using AGPS.

Oct 27, 2017 8:17:15 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
I've tried and tried and tried. I get ONE satellite at most, using AGPS.

ok. at least he sees any. i had the same issue on my zenfone 2.

next step i would ask you for, can you again use the program and now start to walk around (at least 200 m, but more is better).
there should be a time, when more sattelites are popping up (same same you do a compass calibration). if this happens update your agps settings using the software (there should be an auto-popup window, that will give you the option, as soon as he logs more than 5 or 6 sattelites.

after that confirm the lock with your google maps. restart your watch, check the setting again. problem should be gone, if not just repeat the steps above again

small add, actually this is the one i used to fix my prob:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.silentlexx.gpslock

i think they are all same, but if you not lucky with yours, you might try this program

Try this fix-my-gps.blogspot.de/2013/11/gps-problem-doesnt-that-sound-awful_30.html?m=1

It works on my Lem5 pro

micha973: The installation of “mobile uncle tools” failed at me (Lem5 Pro). Did it work at you? I have the same GPS issue as mentioned above. Thanks!