Hey guys any good news on i2 smartwatch....work in progress or nothing happining.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 but my pc with Windows 10 do not recognize a i2 where i can find a driver or procedure for win10?sp tool can flash a file .img?or only .bin?

There is a guide on the proboard forum.

http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/

A mtp driver???or ither guide?

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I do not understand this TRWP?
recovery-twrp_302-I2-20160808.img or this recovery-twrp_302-I2-WIP-20160710-1321.img

It is possible to make a small tutorial?

You need to read the tutorials already here in the community or over here http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/
There is no point in us writing these if no one bothers to read them.
Make sure you completely understand what you are doing - or don’t do it.

I applied the boot.img and twrp to my I2. No hiccups after doing so. The only odd side effect is that from this point on, when I plug the I2 into my Windows PC I cannot even get the PC to recognize it as a USB flash drive. Error codes #43 and #29 force it to appear as Unknown Device.

Figuring the MTK drivers I have installed on my PC for SP Tools might be interfering, I tried plugging the I2 into a PC that never saw the I2 before. Thinking that at least the PC will see the I2 as a USB flash drive. Same Unknown Device and errors codes.

Otherwise the I2 functions fine. Any suggestions to enable the USB tethering again?

Enable USB debugging and then use device manager to reinstall known android phone MTP drivers. Select the last MTP driver in the list
Some pics here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3xyOuab2f-OU29qWHZRMTNIcFk?usp=sharing

Thanks for the suggestion. When I enabled Windows debug-level logging of the USB device load process it appears as if there are firmware types of failures leading Windows to not recognize the I2. In addition, I plugged the I2 into a Windows PC that had never been connected with the watch. So aside from my regular PC and all its drivers I assume the “virgin” PC should’ve at least loaded the I2 as a USB flash drive storage device, right?

As an FYI I did uninstall all drivers on my regular PC, using the handy USBDeview utility. Still no luck. So far this is the second of two I2’s that have presented problems. The first one had a failed display, which would randomly “black out” where all I would see is a faint midnight blue background. But when I plugged it into USB about half the time the display would come back to life. Now this one, which works totally fine except for any USB connection with any PC. It will charge but isn’t recognized. I’m thinking I’ve run the course of testing this make/model at this point anyway. Need something more reliable from a hardware perspective. Guess you get what you pay for in a lot of ways. Such a low price point can’t expect it to be rock-solid!

@Greg_Kujawa Older I2 watches did have this USB problem. It is more than possible that you have an older one that was in stock for a while. IQI have rectified it now - months ago…
Whoever you purchased it from should exchange it. If not - email IQI.

Purchased a few months ago now on AliExpress, so not sure about warranty coverage. Yesterday I purchased an LG Urbane 2nd Edition smartwatch. Android Wear and SIM capability should make this choice feasible for some app development I’m doing. As long as the hardware holds up better than these I2’s did I am optimistic. Thanks for all of your helpful feedback!

@Greg_Kujawa
good luck :slight_smile: