Hello, I did not have any answer to this question,

Hello, I did not have any answer to this question, so i ask again :

Is there anyway to have a SMOOTH movement for the minut hand ?

Makes me quite frustrated… :-/

Hi @Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz ​! I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this mentioned in a post in the past. I think it’s down to a restriction with the clock engine on the watches. Perhaps one of the moderators knows more?

@Chris_Hawkins ok, thank’s for that answer… no work arround yet ? IMO its a bug in the clock engine… don’t you think so ?

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz ​, yes, the clock engine don’t permit a smooth movement of the hands.

FYI, I’m wonder to set second hand but rotation speed “-60” could take the hand as minute hand?

@Jesse_Wu , you might think -60 would work, and it does for the 1st minute. The trouble is the second rotation attribute resets its position every minute

@Andrew_Somers ​​​​ yes… This is what i thought when i was trying to make a new concept of CF. And finally still stuck. Do u think if there is any possibility to use multirotate second for minute and vise versa in a correct way? I am looking for a trick to make ticking hand without masking technique…

multirotate does not work unfortunately… I think the better way would be an improvement (but fix!) of the clock engine, but i have no idea where to ask…

I’d also love more rotation options for seconds (ticks, smooth, 4Hz…- to make watches more realistic. This is a feature request. Same question : where to ask ?

Changes to the clock engine have been explored in the early days of the forum. The watch manufactures don’t write the software themselves and I think it is not economically worth their while to bother pursuing this. They still sell watches as is.
@Febri_Iswanto a smooth minute hand is very subtle, might not be that noticeable and probably not worth the effort.
I was the first to do a ticking (quartz movement) second hand and don’t think there is a way without masking (I’ve had a lot of time to think about it).
Given the limitations of the clock engine, there is still a lot you can do with it.

I’m quite new here, so I trust you about the “early days” ;o)
I know (i guessed) it was not the manufactures that wrote the clock engine, but where does it come from ? Google ? Will this engine be updated someday ?

Android “wear” seems to be more powerfull (“lua” script, variables, and also a “dim/bright” mode)…

BTW, where can i find your exemple with the ticking second hand ? Even with masking (I know and understand the technique) how did you rotate the mask ? and the second hand ?

I still have (a lot) to learn, that for sure, but i begin to see the limitations ans it’s a bit frustrating :wink:

I found your example (LaticeBall.zip).
Very clever. Congrats !!!

… Now I have to find a way to make it work with a second hand that is on both side of the center… which is quite usual :slight_smile: Not sure that will be easy; or even possible. If it is symmetrical (like below), it may work.
And the second hand must be the first one (closest to the background)
Otherwise… (?)

missing/deleted image from Google+

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz , here’s the 1st quarts movement one I did, I don’t have a link on my page, but here’s a direct link to the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BysDzZ6Uvo9nQ3BDdGJ2TlpSX0k
It’s a little simpler and has the second hand extending like what you want. Note: this relies on a plain background.

Hi Andrew. Thank’s for the example and the link !
This is exactly as i thought ;o) seconds at the “first level” and the extension has to be, what i called “symmetrical”.
OK, fine anyway.

In france, in the seventies, there was a TV show called “les shadocks” that often said silly proverbs… One of my favourite was (and still is) :
“When there is no solution, there is no problem” !

Have a nice day and thank’s again for your help !