Hello from an older person

Hello there!

I just received my Kospet Prime a few days ago and thanks to this forum I succeeded in solving quite a few riddles. Thank you all very much.
This is not my first computer, PDA or smartwatch.
Way back in 1981 I started on a Sinclair ZX 80, I used a whole array of Psion PDA’s, Windows CE PDA’s and smartphones, a Fossil watch with Palmpocket OS, and then through almost all of the Android versions, included a Neptune Pine smart watch/phone.

I now use for everyday a Unihertz Atom, I like small things.
But this Kospet Prime beats them all.
I hope to participate in sharing experiences with my new watch.

Greetings, Max

10 Likes

Hello and a big welcome from us and yes the prime is a truly great watch . As for the " Sinclair " computers

Happy days :sweat_smile::+1:

3 Likes

Hi Max, Welcome to the Forum mate! I started my foray into the wonderful, frustrating, maddening and very rewarding world of computers on a Sinclair ZX 81 (Still have it as a matter of fact) and spent about 20 hours writing a basic program so that I could use two fat lines as bats to hit a square ball! But the fun of getting to understand how programing works was a reward in itself.
I haven’t progressed through the ranks of technology as far as you have…indeed my Smart phone and I are often barely on speaking terms! :woozy_face: :smiley: But I did buy a Kospet Hope Lite and am having fun learning what it can do with it (And what I shouldn’t do to it!)
Looking forward to reading your posts on your experiences with the Prime Max! :+1: Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

Welcome on board, @wilmax!

2 Likes

You are not alone. Lets just say I’m too old to be a baby boomer (1946-1964). Age is a state of mind.

3 Likes

Hello Doons,
how good to meet a fellow pioneer!
I also spent quite a few hours on mastering Basic and writing programs. Typing for hours and saving it on a external taperecorder (or not). Later I obtained an Epson HX 20 and then I really got carried away.
I hope I can find my way on the Kospet soon.
Greetings, Max

2 Likes

Hi Max, Oh yes, saving the hours of typing on to a tape recorder, I well remember that and thinking that it was marvelous that you could save something to tape and reload it to the computer. Then on to a Commodore 20 with that “Huge” 20 megabyte hard drive! :laughing:
I also had to chuckle when I made my first phone call from the Kospet …it took me straight back to the old Dick Tracy comics and his “Wrist watch phone & TV” so way out back then and here I was doing it! :laughing:
But as for finding your way around the Kospet Max, you can take heart in two things 1) If I can use it, anyone on God’s green earth can use it! :woozy_face: And 2) With the talent we are lucky to have on this Forum…any questions you might have will not go unanswered for long mate!
One thing that you might find useful Max are a couple of Forum Tutorials that help with replying to posts…adding links and photographs, etc. So If you click on the discobot name here…@discobot … Once there use the message function to send a message saying “start tutorial please” It will take you thought some very useful user tutorials for use on this site…both basic & advanced. :+1: Cheers, Doons

Welcome!!!

Yes, sweet memories of frustration…
By the way: for all those early adopters who owned a digital Casio or Seiko way back in the late seventies: you can have your hourly signal on the Kospet too:

BlipBlip Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.nadolski.blipblip

and if you are up to it you can even carry a cuckoo clock on your wrist…
(note: go to accessibility and set all settings as small as possible: font size, display size, and set screen on round, otherwise you can’t reach the 1 hour setting in the right under corner)

Greetings and in the meantime I will get acquainted with @discobot.
Max

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

my first digital watch was a sinclair black watch bought in kit form in the mid 70’s
paid the extra £2 for the black metal strap too :slight_smile:

took me ages to save up for it with pocket money being what it was back then

now we wear a computer / phone on our wrist
a thing of fantasy back then

I didn 't have time yet to scan the whole Full Android Watch site, but is there a topic " smartwatches from yesteryear" or something like that ?

Lying around somewhere in a box I still have inter alia:
Multiple Casio game and databank watches
a Citizen VX-2 with voice activation (1990)
Pulsar memory series NLC (one of the first dot-matrix screens), 1982
Seiko wrist terminal RC1000
Matsucom Onhand computer
Fossil Abacus with Palm 4.1 OS,
Neptune Pine with Android 4.0
Yes Cozmo
and some other watches with radio, musical alarm, voice alarm, vibrating alarm, thermometer, talking watches, walkie-talkie…

Wow! This is sick! And will this Kospet be the last one in my search for the Holy Grail? For the time being the Kospet covers them all!

Greetings,

Max

2 Likes

Hi Max, I don’t know if there is a topic “Smartwatches from yesteryear” But I’d be willing to bet my bottom dollar that there is a topic called “Forum members from yesteryear” (And beyond! :woozy_face:)
That is a most impressive list of watches Max! :+1: and while I did not travel down the Smart Watch road as you did, I do have a collection of Pocket and wrist watches that number just on 120! (And Max, that really is sick! :worried: :laughing:)
I started collecting watches when I gave up smoking…and I don’t think I am chasing the Holy Grail…I am just flat out and irretrievably hooked! Since about watch number 70 or so…every new watch I purchased was definitely “The last one”…until I saw the next one of course! Max, from one addict to anther ( :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) I do hope you find that Holy Grail mate and the peace and contentment that comes with the end of a long search! Cheers (I’m still looking! :rofl:) Doons.