Hello again :) As promised,

@Maik_Dahles Thanks a lot!

@Luigi_Pachi You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@Maik_Dahles

#1 : keeping files as small as possible is a good idea. but 1600x1600 is not a big deal (I wish .svg format could be handled ut i guess only .png files are usable.)
In my “Sinn” face I use 2 gradients. one for light dimming and one for (very) light green appearance in the night. Both of them are used twice: clockwise and counterclockwise. Result is really cool.

#2 : I use photoshop cause I bought a licence and i use it sometimes at work too, so i’m efficient using it. But Photoshop is not the “only one”. You could use “gimp” too. works fine and quite powerful.

#3 : I’d be happy to send you a cleaned version of your work (without any duplicate file and more simple xml files so as you can compare.
My suggest would be to continue using CSM as long as you like it, but once the job is done, would be a good idea to do a little cleanup to the generated files ;o)

I love challenges so i’ll try this one : https://www.fossil.com/de/de/products/herrenuhr-nate-edelstahl-schwarz-sku-JR1494P.html

I hope i’ll have time this week-end !

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz #1: Two gradients is a nice improvement - maybe i should try this while redoing the skin… I´ll take a closer look at your skin later - seems interesting :slight_smile:

#2: Yes, i tried GIMP some time ago - but these Photoshop-like programs are too feature-overloaded for me :wink: Maybe i should give it another try…

#3: If simultaneous fileuse use is possible, the filestructure and structure of the xlm´s would be much more slim. The way you propose seems legit - some manual work after the drag&drop CSM is surely possible.

If you find the time, i would be happy about the cleaned files of my work.

The blue&copper version of the Nate looks also nice. But for now i´m just working on watches, i own myself :wink: If you think, redoing my work and improving it, is worth the time - feel free. We surely can cooperate on this skin :slight_smile: But please don´t do it in the “look - i made it better than Maik” way, okay? :wink:

Awsome .keep it up.
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Maik_Dahles <<If you find the time, i would be happy about the cleaned files of my work.>>
OK, that will be easy and quick. I will repost the modified folder right here, in this thread if that’s ok with you.

<< i´m just working on watches, i own myself>>
I wish i could afford the “Sinn” and “B&R” watches I 're’designed. I just own an Orient watch and the LK Colouring (that I posted too) that are way cheaper !

@ameesh_ash Thanks for posting - looks good on the Lemfo too :slight_smile:

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz Yes, sure - if you find the time to clean up my “mess” i would be happy to learn from someone who is more experienced. Maybe i´ll put your optimisation in the original post with Kudos to you in the post and a txt-file in the rar-archive. Then anyone can see your work to my skin. If that is okay for you…

And yes - there are plenty watches out there i´d like to own… But as you - i´ve sticked to the cheaper ones by now. Most expensive one is the Citizen, that i posted a few day ago… :wink:

Have a nice evening!

Here is the optimized folder :

Comments :

• clock_skin.xml commented (read comments ;o)
  • 65 items instead of 129 (50% gain)
  • 490 KB instead of 540 KB (10% gain)
  • All files renamed for more clarity (have a look this is important !)
  • Small modification (correction?) in design : Heart rate and Date share now the same digits so they now have the same size.
  • I did not correct the global design problem (pixelization of big numbers and indexes)

Take care.

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz Wow, this is a huge improvement and a big learning-step for me. Using the same xml with different array-types (e.g. Heart_Rate.xml for bpm & date) and simultaeous use of the single xmls, saves a lot of space and makes the whole filestructure so much more transparent.

To have just two sets of “angled” numbers all over six shown&shifted xmls is VERY COOL!

Thanks a lot for that! I highly appreciate your help!

I´ll add your optimized folder to the original post and will mention you as the man who made all the optimizations.

Maybe i´ll take your big shading gradient picture as a model - down to bottom transition will look better than my original “from down right to up left” one… As i do want some kind of sunrise/sunset-style, i won´t use the 1600px pic twice and overlapping, but i´ll keep that in mind for future projects.

Again - many thanks for your help and work! I think we made a somehow beautiful, simple, multifunctional and now very optimized clockskin together!

The only left glitches i see, are the 100% at battery (but who sees the 100% more than a minute? :wink: ) and the pixelized big numbers and indexes… Maybe i´ll take care of the pixelization soon - but for the 100% “bug” i don´t have a clue…

Roland, have a nice weekend and a merry christmas (if we don´t read before again :slight_smile: )

Maik

Hey, my pleasure. I’m glad if this helped !
Again, I don’t know the software you use (CSM) so I can’t say where the optimisation should be done. BTW, naming the files as I did is a good practice. Way easier to fix bugs etc.
Have a nice wek end!

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz Yes, this helped a lot. Now i nearly understand how to create/modify the files, that are gererated by CSM :wink: It´s a nice visual editor but the results are a bit confusing. Maybe i´ve been using it wrong, so that the multiple files are generated. I´ll keep an eye on that the next time…

One thing is a bit confusing: The 24h hand (rotate:7) runs in the wrong direction. But only on my Finow X5plus and not in the CSM simulator. I´ve changed the direction of the rotation (direction: 2) in the xml on that hand and now it´s showing the right time on my watch (but not in the simulator) :confused:

Do you have a clou, why the hand is behaving like that? Can you check it on your watch? All other hands show and behave right…

//EDIT1: Only thing i´ve done to your code is to change the Autodim.png to a opaque adaption of your DayNightRing.png and let it rotate counterclockwise, due to my sunset/sunrise wish:
Autodim.png

Perhaps this is already the problem… But why could this effect only the 24h hand and not the other? Maybe i´ll flip the Autodim.png and put it at -600 with clockwise rotation later to delete the on top of the code…

//EDIT2: Yes, the 2 at the Autodim.png was the fault. I´ve done as said, deleted the direction, flipped the picture and put it on the other side (-600). Now the 24h hand shows the right time and everything else seems to be okay also. Strange behaviour - didn´t think that on top of the code is kind of “global” for some rotation modes…

In my experience, “direction 2” does not mean “conterclockwise” but “revert direction”
so if you write it twice it will come back to the previous direction.

Have a look on my SINN watch where both masks are used twice… it may explain !

@Roland_Tanguy_Lannuz Okay… That might explain, why you call your “Rings” twice with the same parameters. I´ve been wondering about that :slight_smile:

Unfortunately my chinese is a bit bad - so i can´t read the green explanations in your clock_skin.xml :wink:

But without reverted rotation at Autodim everything looks fine now…

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

<< That might explain, why you call your “Rings” twice with the same parameters.>>

yes : the goal is to have the gradient to appear at once from left and right (more smooth); Of course they both must be transparent…

Can you tell me how to install this nice watch face on my Huawei?
I’ve downloaded it and unzipped it.
Regards John Raynor

@John_Raynor Because your Huawei Watch is running on AndroidWear (I guess), unfortunately not at all: /
The watch interfaces shown here are only for Android watches and not for Android Wear. Nevertheless, thank you for the compliments to my Watchface (y)
Regards, Maik