HeartFit - track heart rate

Added advanced settings for fine tuning the algorithm to an individual watch’s characteristics. The settings are: the range (highest minus lowest) the heart rate must remain within, and the time the HR must remain with the range for the reading to be considered a good one.

For example, decreasing the range from 4 to 3 seems to produce better results for the Optimus 2 and DM101.

Download: heartfit1.4,apk

1 Like

Ok, i have a headache cos im not sure i STILL understand how the app works.
So plz help get it right.
1.Does the HR app work during activity or throughout the day, i mean do i have to turn it on?
2. When Sleep As Android active throughout the night does the HR app need to be turned on too?
Thank you ALL:)

I’m using it regularly. I can turn it on with different intervals to check and it will run all day. I can run it and start map my walk, map my fitness and sleep as android and they will see the heart rate. I can also set it up to sync with google fit. (side note. google fit will even use the input to calculate resting heart rate.)

It may work well with other apps, but I haven’t tried it with them.

3 Likes

When you start it with the big red button it will run until you stop it.

When auto tracking is turned on it will run automatically during Fit workouts or sleep. When the workout or sleep ends it will stop or continue to run depending on the state of the big button.

HTH!

3 Likes

Thank you both, i understand better now.

2 Likes

Added a new parameter: during a readings run all readings for the first specified number of seconds are ignored. Set this to the estimated time your watch takes to settle down to a stable-ish reading. You then should be able to reduce the time required to be in the stable range significantly. Doing both these things should result in better readings and less battery use.

Download - heartfit1.5.apk

6 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1:

1 Like

Added two new parameters aimed at correcting certain flaws in some watches,

• Add specified bps to HR. For example my Prime 2 readings are consistently too high so I have set this to -3.

• Double HR if below specified bps. Sometimes, on a walk for example, on some watches (LEM12, Pro, LEM15, Prime 2 & others) the readings will be half what they should be - ~55 bps instead of ~110. I have set this to 60 on my watches.

Download - heartfit1.6.apk

6 Likes

Great update . Thankyou

1 Like

I’ll get this installed tonight. I really like this app.

3 Likes

First of all THANKS for this great app, i use it on lokmat 7 that runs A9 and i use the app 24/7 and all connectives (gps, bt, 4g) on i dont use battery saving mode at all and even the HR stock runs 24/7 i get full 2 days of usage that is just amazing, i dont like google fit too much but as there isnt an app that i can use with HR this is fine. So thanks for the great job.

3 Likes

Hi. I have optimus 2 FAW with heartfit v1.6. I disable battery optimization. I set interval every 15min but seem do not work. Continuous while workout do not work too. What im i doing wrong? there are any advance settings for optimus 2?
!

Screenshot_20221218_152029_com.google.android.apps.fitness|227x500

there a

To allow apps to run in the background on A10 follow the following instructions from the watch menu :-

Settings - Apps and notifications - special app access - unrestricted data - turn on app

Settings - Apps and notifications - battery optimisation - all apps - click on app - dont optimize

Settings - Apps and notifications - see all apps - select app - mobile data and wifi - make sure background data and unrestricted data usage is on

1 Like

Not sure what app that is, but it isn’t HeartFit. To see past HR history link to Google Fit.

3 Likes

This is my lokmat 7 A9 which tthe app works well:))

1 Like

Lokmat 9 A10 sync with google fit

1 Like

Hi, I used the message option to request synchronization with Google Fit to my google email. That is still required for the sync to work right? Because the sync yet does not work and I do not know if there is an issue with the settings on my device, like usage or battery restrictions or if the app has limited compatibility with the device, or if to anticipate notification in some form when the app is ready to sync, etcetera.

My stock, default heart rate app nearly doesn’t work at all, and that’s part of the reason I cannot tell if any difficulties I encounter are from the hardware, installed app or settings. Thanks

@cDavi what is the model of your watch?

@sonia_sophie_ataunna It’s a Kospet Prime 2. The default heart rate app kept telling me I have a heart rate of 0 or -2 or interrupted. I didn’t realize I was an undead creature before checking my heart rate.

Anyway, because I am using the FAW firmware from this blog, not the default firmware, I couldn’t tell if there was a firmware incompatibility with the device heart rate sensor, or if the Prime 2 device itself is unable to properly measure heart rate, or if it’s something from my settings. It’s been a hassle to isolate what the issue with heart rate measurement may be & I had just resigned to accepting it doesn’t work. Recently thought to check the blog for heart rate and am now setting up to use this HeartFit app instead of the default to see if it helps.

P.S. Also saw some advice on the blog to disable battery optimization & allow unrestricted & background data. Did those and I’m still an undead white-walker.

PPS. Do you think your device is accurate with your heart rate of 167 in your last photograph, or are full android watches generally unreliable for the measurement? That is, you posted 2 devices Lokmat 7 A9 & Lokmat 9 A10 but the measurement of your heart rate is almost double in the A9 though the date & time are almost identical. This suggests if you had just one of those you’ll have a completely different sense of your heart rate.

PPPS. What’s your skin on the Lokmat 7? It looks cool.

1 Like
  1. Reset the watch if the stock HR isnt working so there is an issue with the sensor so to rule out hardware problem it is needed to check software, is your watch up to date ? If not first reset the watch and then update it , if it is up to date then just reset the watch and check HR.

2. Nope, the 167 is false i just touched the sensor when it was measuring but just for few second. I mainly use the 7 and for backup my 9.

3. Those are the stock faces you can find them on the faces store. I have them on both lokmats.
    ***they are cool cos they are animated.

1 Like