HeartFit - track heart rate

sorry for some reason miss the m at the end @gmail.com

This works well with sending continuous data to Google FIT. What I did was to start a tracked exercise in Google FIT and separately a session in HeartFit with continuous measurement, and got a good looking graph in FIT. Is there a way to start HeartFit automatically? And second question, is there way to draw the HR on top of the screen (similar to HeartOnTop earlier)?

Do you mean automatically start it when you start a Fit workout? I think I can do that. Instead of an overlay would a screen always on option be acceptable?

1 Like

Yes, thinking of automatic start. Maybe to explain a bit, the use I’m looking for is e.g. when running to have all interesting data in the screen. I haven’t found any good solution from stock apps, the Google Fit is closest but without HR. So the Fit with HR overlay could be like the picture.

The second part of the case is to have the data exported e.g. to Google Fit - so you can view the run in there as map, speed, and HR during the run.

1 Like

Just to add, I’m really looking for a simple solution that would use the big screen of Kospet Note to provide information that is useful in the run. Big letters and most important at the right side for easy viewing. If anyone knows a solution that would be something like this picture, glad to try. I’ve checked e.g. myrunningapp, and that’s too cramped with information.

New version posted at the top of the thread. What’s new:

• Syncing to Google Fit no longer required
  • Sync to Sleep as Android for more accurate sleep tracking

If you’re already a HeartFit user you will need to re-enable syncing to Fit in the settings.

@diipadaa I’ll get to your requests soon.

3 Likes

Do I need to do anything in sleep as android to let it know to sync with Heart Fit?

No settings in SaA are required.

two nights with sleep as android while running heart fit. I found where SAA puts the heart rate info. It’s their both times. excellent.

1 Like

Have you tried the myrunning app it links with Googlefit and will give you heart rate tracking it’s much better then the stock app for work out tracking.

I have found no issues running this app in the background to get heart rate info and running another app like a work out tracker or the continuous heart rate monitor in the UL launcher home page.

It seems it can handle multiple things reading the body sensors so that’s pretty cool :sunglasses:

Do you run sleep as Android on the watch or phone this is the first I’ve heard of this app. I put it on my phone last night and it seemed to link to Google fit to give sleep data but didn’t give much info other then wake up and sleep times

About “Myrunningapp” - yes I briefly tried it but had 2 issues:

• The display was vertical (my Kospet Note is a square landscape watch with big screen). I didn’t find a way to turn it in settings
  • The way to enable HR measurement in the main myrunningapp didn’t work

On those watches, you can use apps to force the display orientation. Search on the Play Store.

1 Like

I run it on my watch. It track when you sleep, when you wake up, various levels of sleep (deep, light, REM) listen for snoring, record sound, vibrate to help knock you out of snoring). Reports in to google fit… Since Heart Fit now syncs heart rate data to it the only issue I have with it is the battery draw.

To get the heart rate sensor to work you have to go into the settings and turn it on manually it doesn’t have the option to allow to add permission from the app. You have to go into settings and add body sensor permission manually.

Rotation control is a good app I find to force rotation on apps that don’t allow it

Fit will also show sleep cycles but sometimes it takes a while for that to show up.

1 Like

I use 2 different watches one for bed and one for the day. This app allows my heart rate data to sync to fit so I now have my actual stepcount and heart rate data all in one spot. This is awesome.

I am using the 2min interval.

I tried continuous but it seemed to shut off after about 5 min and not come back on till the screen is turned back on again. I’ve checked battery saver, and battery optimization options didn’t seem to help but I think every 2mins is coming up with enough data anyways

New version: heartfit1.3.apk - Google Drive

What’s new:

Heart rate overlay. Tap the reading to toggle between the overlay and the app. The overlay can automatically turn on during Fit workouts.

Auto tracking during Fit workouts and sleep. When auto tracking is enabled HeartFit will start tracking with a high measurement frequency regardless of the manual tracking settings when a workout or sleep starts. It will revert to the manual settings when tracking is finished.

4 Likes

Getting better and better good job.

If there is a way it make it so you could move the floating heart rate, click and drag it to a different location. It would be nice to be able to move when in some apps.

Overall very impressed this app works well

1 Like