Have a problem with my KW88. It starts off post full charge nicely..

@tim_Collins What app did you use the “reset” the battery stat’s.
Because I believe it needs to delete batterystats.bin in order to reset. But that’s not possible without root?!

@Kenneth_Tan See my post above, both aps work without root.

@tony_bunn I’ve found the two apps, and they are disputed not to work, give a false sense of doing something and only generation revenue trough adds inside the app.
That I’ve read from the comments of user feedback and general readings of how Android battery stats work.
Someone here called it Snake Oil apps?

@Kenneth_Tan ​ l referred to suspecting they were ‘snake oil’, however, I can honestly say with a direct before and after comparison, there was an improvement. So they did something…:snake::sake::circus_tent: Roll up roll up :grinning:

@tim_Collins ​ thanks, so I’m not the only one…:grinning:

@tim_Collins So recapping, what did you do?

@tim_Collins Happy days :sunglasses:

@tony_bunn Now let’s hope he didn’t jump the shark!

@tim_Collins That’s very good news. I’ll do it too and report back the changes I can notice.

@tim_Collins and all, A day in the life of my KW88 battery: 08:00 switch on at 100%. 20:30 switched to saver mode at 15%. 22:15 at 8% still going. 00:20 just shut down. 16hrs 20mins total.

+Pablo Eleven (Pablo11) sorry this thread is getting so long. I will rest my case now - now on to sort the USB failure to connect. Dr Tony:)

I have the same problem with watch turning off at around 60%. I have tried Advanced Battery Calibrator a weak ago without success. I did Factory reset without success. My speculation is that it is a SW bug (or the battery is about to die). My regular usage is with 3G, Wi-Fi and BT always ON, 5-10 phone calls < 5min each and not playing with it. When the phone is in standby mode, battery discharge calculation seems wrong - decreasing by 1-2% hour. But because 3G, W-iFi and BT are ON, real battery usage is much higher.
I have made a test. I fully charged the watch and turned on everything, 3G, BT, WiFi,GPS, Display. Current consumption was between 150 and 400mA. Battery lasted over 2 hours and Battery usage report was pretty accurate.
When I returned to my normal usage, watch started to turn off again at 60%.

The other possibility is cheap(bad) battery. If the internal resistance of the battery is high, than the battery will last longer with low current consumption and die pretty fast if loaded. That’s actually what I’m observing on my watch. In standby mode battery charge remains, but if I start playing with the watch, battery charge drops by 3-4% / min. And during a phone call battery gets pretty hot and charge drops fast.

@tim_Collins Hiya, I had it running as a watch most of the time but sent 4 SMS’s and had wifi on for a bit to check watsapp. For sure it wont run all day with everything on. I’m experimenting to see which uses less charge - wifi, 3G, 2G or Bluetooth having one on full time would largely satisfy my needs. I still hope that future firmware updates will fine tune the system to use less battery and improve the battery management algorithms so we don’t have to do it manually. its also my observation that some batteries seem better than others - couple this with flaky battery management and you get what some including us have reported - i.e. shut down at 60% etc. Still love the watch albeit a labour of love…