H2 -- something not quite right?

I just received my H2. As this is my first ‘smartwatch’, I have more questions than answers so far…

1. In most all of my searching, the H2 ad-copy said ‘Sleep Monitoring’ (I can’t find any such software on the beastie) - am I just not seeing it, or is it something to be downloaded/installed from APP store?

2. A lower priority, but a curiosity - on ‘Smartwatch Ticks’ youtube channel, in one of his ‘H2’ videos, you can clearly see ‘barometer’ as a menu option. This too seems un-findable.

3. I installed a nano sim (T-Mobile) and even before doing so, every time watch is rebooted, or reconnects to Wi-Fi… 2 noticable things occur, a) the watchface resets to the first stock watchface, and the timezone resets to GMT 00:00 (my home timezone is GMT -08:00)

1. while in the T-Mobile store – the status page showed 3G … now it is showing 2G… (did I misread the tiny number while in the store?)

2. Are the H2 watches not serialized? The number shown on the ‘about’ screen is ‘0123456789ABCDEF’

Is all of this ‘normal’?

do you have updated version ? i don’t have watch but sometimes features come after update

Dec 31, 2017 5:15:41 GMT 1 rmleonard said:
I just received my H2. As this is my first 'smartwatch', I have more questions than answers so far...
  1. In most all of my searching, the H2 ad-copy said ‘Sleep Monitoring’ (I can’t find any such software on the beastie) - am I just not seeing it, or is it something to be downloaded/installed from APP store?

2. A lower priority, but a curiosity - on ‘Smartwatch Ticks’ youtube channel, in one of his ‘H2’ videos, you can clearly see ‘barometer’ as a menu option. This too seems un-findable.

3. I installed a nano sim (T-Mobile) and even before doing so, every time watch is rebooted, or reconnects to Wi-Fi… 2 noticable things occur, a) the watchface resets to the first stock watchface, and the timezone resets to GMT 00:00 (my home timezone is GMT -08:00)

1. while in the T-Mobile store – the status page showed 3G … now it is showing 2G… (did I misread the tiny number while in the store?)

2. Are the H2 watches not serialized? The number shown on the ‘about’ screen is ‘0123456789ABCDEF’

Is all of this ‘normal’?

I believe you are confusing the H1 with the H2. I have both and the H1 does have those features you mentioned plus many others and the H2 does not. The H1 is running Android 4.4. The ad on BangGood does list Sleep Monitoring as being supported but it is not mentioned in the ad under “Great Healthcare Functions” or anywhere else in the listing. Maybe a typo. I watched Mr. Ticks H2 un-boxing video again and did not see him mention Barometer. I also have a T-Mobile sim. T-Mobile is still supporting 2G thru 2020 and if 2G is available it will select it unless you list 3G as preference, I believe. Our serial numbers are identical so you are correct they are not serialized. 

Does your watch have the BT Call feature? If so how is it working. I just upgraded the firmware on my H2 to the 103017 firmware listed on this forum and it still is not working correctly as I mention in my post under BT Call. Looks like it is a problem with the watch.

Here is a list of the H1 functions.

Dec 31, 2017 14:22:31 GMT 1 capt jon said:
I just received my H2. As this is my first 'smartwatch', I have more questions than answers so far...

Is all of this ‘normal’?

I believe you are confusing the H1 with the H2. I have both and the H1 does have those features you mentioned plus many others and the H2 does not. The H1 is running Android 4.4. The ad on BangGood does list Sleep Monitoring as being supported but it is not mentioned in the ad under “Great Healthcare Functions” or anywhere else in the listing. Maybe a typo. I watched Mr. Ticks H2 un-boxing video again and did not see him mention Barometer. I also have a T-Mobile sim. T-Mobile is still supporting 2G thru 2020 and if 2G is available it will select it unless you list 3G as preference, I believe. Our serial numbers are identical so you are correct they are not serialized. 

Does your watch have the BT Call feature? If so how is it working. I just upgraded the firmware on my H2 to the 103017 firmware listed on this forum and it still is not working correctly as I mention in my post under BT Call. Looks like it is a problem with the watch.

Here is a list of the H1 functions.

If you just upgraded your firmware on the H2 using the stuff on this site can you confirm it has the ‘new’ fitness app shown in this sites video review, i.e. not just the health app which gives you a pedometer and heart rate, but the one that allows you to record different activities?

thanks

1. i use sleep dot and battery life with it just good. try look into the app store not google play store for seeping monitoring. 2.most likely an installed app and reorgenize. 3.that is weird, i do'nt have this problem, make sure that you set the watch manually and then put it auto. 4.i do'nt think the cellular company support the bands of 3g of this watch in the U.S. 5.do'nt think so.  normal? depand on what:)

Jan 1, 2018 10:19:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

1. i use sleep dot and battery life with it just good. try look into the app store not google play store for seeping monitoring.
2.most likely an installed app and reorgenize.
3.that is weird, i do’nt have this problem, make sure that you set the watch manually and then put it auto.
4.i do’nt think the cellular company support the bands of 3g of this watch in the U.S.
5.do’nt think so. 
normal? depand on what:)

I have a  SpeedTalk Sim, that operates thru T-Mobile (it automatically connects to the T-Mobile network) in my watches and it works on both 2G and 3G. I believe T-Mobile is the only provider still offering 2G. through 2020.

tedted yes the firmware update posted on this forum does have both the Health and Fitness app installed and functional.

Jan 1, 2018 14:51:34 GMT 1 capt jon said:
tedted yes the firmware update posted on this forum does have both the Health and Fitness app installed and functional.

ta