H2 - Display settings gone

Well not exactly . When you tap on this it no longer opens . I am unsure if this has happened before or after i installed Erics launcher “ not that i’m blaming eric :laughing: ) . Its not causing me a big issue and certainly dont fancy doing a reset as watch going great . Anyone else have this problem ?

Happy new year !

Jan 2, 2018 10:39:36 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Well not exactly . When you tap on this it no longer opens . I am unsure if this has happened before or after i installed Erics launcher “ not that i’m blaming eric 😆 ) . Its not causing me a big issue and certainly dont fancy doing a reset as watch going great . Anyone else have this problem ?

Happy new year !

have it started after you installed watch faces? same happens with the w1\kw99

Hi Sonia . Yes it did . Strange eh ?

Jan 2, 2018 20:18:33 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi Sonia . Yes it did . Strange eh ?

yes, it seems that there are 2 clockskin folders, you have to reset the watch till it see only one folder or even flash it with it's rom, i will try with mine and report.

Thanks sonia . No way am I flashing and starting again . Flash away :+1:

Jan 2, 2018 20:46:28 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Thanks sonia . No way am I flashing and starting again . Flash away 👍

lol:)) i'm used to crap the watches:) most likely i will buy soon new H2:)

try deleting the cache/data in the launcher?

Jan 2, 2018 21:46:22 GMT 1 tedted said:
try deleting the cache/data in the launcher?

Tried . No joy

Thanks

Hi Mr Mentally Disturbed    +Dr Andyvishnu

This is odd indeed. Have you tried uninstalling the custom launcher just to test?

Fairly non disruptive I think and easy to re-install.

By the way - what FW version do you have at the moment ?

+Dr Andyvishnu

This is odd indeed. Have you tried uninstalling the custom launcher just to test?

Fairly non disruptive I think and easy to re-install.

By the way - what FW version do you have at the moment ?

Mental it is :+1::+1:

Tried that mate . No joy

Build no - NKY_H2_C1S_GSM_PHT_20171024

Thanks

Here happened the same after installing watch faces and Erics launcher. Build no is equal to Dr. Andyvishnu. Causing me no problems but it seems a bit odd.

The version here in the firmware section is newer.

/thread/1720/h2-factory-firmware

My advice is to always use the latest for bugfixes etc …

nameless - can you confirm ?

Backup your data (it will wipe your watch) and use the “firmware upgrade” option in Flash tools - no matter what the videos say !

Jan 14, 2018 10:34:36 GMT 1 KTM said:

Yes it will be empty. You can try and untick userdata.img to keep that but I’d not recommend it. It can have some side effects. I’ve flashed mine H2 after a day or two I think and had no problems like this. Well actually I have no problems at all with H2.

Jan 14, 2018 10:54:12 GMT 1 nameless said:
Jan 14, 2018 10:34:36 GMT 1 KTM said:
That is odd. I used the wireless upgrade option on the watch and it didn't upgrade the firmware. I will do it manually.

Will all the data be wiped? For in stance the clockskin folder, will it be empty after the flash?

Yes it will be empty. You can try and untick userdata.img to keep that but I'd not recommend it. It can have some side effects. I've flashed mine H2 after a day or two I think and had no problems like this. Well actually I have no problems at all with H2.

Thanks nameless There are no OTA updates as this is a complete system update. Not just a little 20mb update which is how big OTA files are (generally speaking)

There may be some in the future but not yet.

The firmware that we have is directly from the official company that makes the the software for these devices. So it is thoroughly tested and confirmed.

Thx. I’m flashing now. I noticed that Mircrowear refers to this forum for cumstomer support. Are Microwear open for suggestions for updates in the future? For instance: the language settings of the watch. I would like that Dutch would be incoperated into the next firmeware update.

pablo11 AvatarJan 14, 2018 8:51:16 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

Backup your data (it will wipe your watch) and use the “firmware upgrade” option in Flash tools - no matter what the videos say !

And to top off my day watch behaved erratically today ? Went for a run ( No gps for first time ) . Screen started sticking and only partly worked ? Then screen locked completely ? Erics launcher installed and my own “ Save Hartlepool “ watch face which is working along with buttons . Running battery down now :disappointed:

Reboot no change
Put on charge no change

We shall see

Hi, good to hear. I hope that everything goes well.

These suggestions are welcome and I will present them to the company.

Please list your requests here and I will give you feedback when I get a response.

It usually only takes me 24 hours to get a response.

Thanks

Pablo.

Jan 14, 2018 13:52:45 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
pablo11 AvatarJan 14, 2018 8:51:16 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

And to top off my day watch behaved erratically today ? Went for a run ( No gps for first time ) . Screen started sticking and only partly worked ? Then screen locked completely ? Erics launcher installed and my own “ Save Hartlepool “ watch face which is working along with buttons . Running battery down now :disappointed:

Reboot no change
Put on charge no change

We shall see

Hi mate,

Same as the previous guy. Update your Firmware to the version I have hosted here.

Check for any obvious stuff like dampness etc…

The problem could be that the watch doesn’t like northern football teams? I could understand if this is the case… Lol :joy:

Flashing to the lastest firmware did do the trick. I run the H2 with Ricks 2.5 launcher. All is well. Thx for your support!