GW10 after update problem

First of all, hello everybody,

I hope this is the correct place to write about my problem.

I have bought my first smartwatch and I choose GW10. Unfortunately i had problem with connecting it with smartphone (android). Bluetooth was working, it was visible for phone, after pairing and trying to connect it to funfit application there was no connection established. Another problem was very quick battery draining. After 5 hours of working (only as a watch, no Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or GPS was switched on).

I decide to upgrade it. And i destroyed it. First of all I did not do any backup of the original firmware (damn it). I was playing with different firmwares for MT6572 without any luck. Screen was black after flashing. Finally I managed to find one working firmware (for No1 D7 smartwatch) it seems to be almost same, at least watch is starting.

But now I have another two problems first with screen it is not in centre, i have small gap from the top of the watch i don’t know if it is possible somehow to centre it (See picture).

Second problem is that I did very bad thing (i use format all + download option in flashing tool application resulting with IMEI deleting. I do not have box, google dashboard has not that information any more.I it possible that imei will be undercover of the watch?

Is there any chance to solve my problem with screen misalignment (maybe different ROM) and of course is there any chance to do anything with missing IMEI code?

Thank You in advance for any advice.

If not I will find some nice trash bin for it

Could you ask the provider to send you a link to download the firmware for the GW10? The memory of the D7 is different then this from GW10 GW10=512RAM; D7= 1GB RAM; GW10= 4GB ROM; D7=8GB ROM

I can try, but this is only seller so I am not sure if he will have one.

Best regards

Dec 31, 2017 8:53:40 GMT 1 gszadkow said:

Best regards

sorry, we do’nt support this watch but you might be able to flash it with the q7 firmware i’m not sure but it seems they are the same model but again not sure.

about imei sorry but in most countries it is illegal to restore it or publish info on how to do it.

Jan 1, 2018 9:58:42 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 31, 2017 8:53:40 GMT 1 gszadkow said:

Best regards

sorry, we do’nt support this watch but you might be able to flash it with the q7 firmware i’m not sure but it seems they are the same model but again not sure.

about imei sorry but in most countries it is illegal to restore it or publish info on how to do it.

I have tried Q7 and S1 firmware it seems to be starting but nothing on display (but i think OS is starting cause i see memory and files on smartwatch) maybe display drivers well I am quite close to giveup and throw it away.

Thanks anyway for help

PS. Maybe somebody has GW10 and can backup firmware and share it?

gszadkow and guys, it is always better to buy a watch that we support that way we can help with firmware and any other problems.

sorry to hear that means they are’nt the same model same specs but still different software. can you flash it back with the D7 firmware? it is different from what the q7\s1 have. try to contact the seller who you bought from if he can provide you with the firmware.

Jan 2, 2018 17:53:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:gszadkow and guys, it is always better to buy a watch that we support that way we can help with firmware and any other problems.

sorry to hear that means they are’nt the same model same specs but still different software. can you flash it back with the D7 firmware? it is different from what the q7\s1 have. try to contact the seller who you bought from if he can provide you with the firmware.

Yes it is sad that i bought it before I found your forum and all good information in it. It is something to learn for the future.

I am able to install all kind of firmware for q7 and s1 but only firmware for d7 is working somehow. But not fully correct. As i said screen is not in centre.

I write to the seller and waiting for reply regarding original firmware.

If not i will try to build maybe some custom rom. But still i need to familiarize with this and drivers.

Anyway thank You for all advices.

Best regards
Greg

Jan 2, 2018 20:23:40 GMT 1 gszadkow said:

Jan 2, 2018 17:53:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Best regards
Greg

you are rom developer?

Jan 2, 2018 20:40:03 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 2, 2018 20:23:40 GMT 1 gszadkow said:
Best regards
Greg

you are rom developer?

No i am not. I know a little programing and internet is a big mining of knowledge so maybe i will manage anyway watch is broken so i will not brake more

Regards